• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sales of images

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.25 cents made on an image I spent hours creating if I count all the time from location to imaging to post production to configuring for Adobe Stock.  Had I known earlier that Adobe would offer so little for professional work, I'd not have wasted my time uploading.  What gives?  Why would you sell images for pennies on the dollar?  Whose bottom line are you helping out by doing this?  Be fair Adobe.  Please. 

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Thanks for the feedback George!

1.Lack of detailed submission tips. I don't even know if Fotolia and Adobe accepts editorial images and if accepts, how to do it?

We do not accept editorial content at this time.

2. Fotolia and Adobe Stock combo is so complicated to understand. As a great tech company, why isn't easy to synch Fotolia and Adobe Stock. I still need to find some links out there in order to solve this synching problem but I'm still in a limbo. I'm still confused even I read the FAQs. T

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wayne,

Do you mean that you contributed to Adobe Stock but did not receive the earnings?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sheena,

I've been contributing to Adobe Stock. Most earnings are .99 per sale, but

the last was .25 cents. I felt that was sort of a slap in the face. The

image sold has over 10000 views and 700 favorites on Flickr, very high for

any image on that site and to make 25 cents is sort of giving it away for

free. Sales of digital images that took hours to create should be worth

much more than that.

Respectfully,

Wayne S. Grazio, USN, retired (former Photographer's Mate and Photo Officer)

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 6:04 AM, Sheena Kaul <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many factors that determine the price paid per image. The basic concept is the more images a customer commits to purchase, the lower the price per image becomes.

For example, a customer can make a one time purchase of a single image for $9.99 which results in a $3.30 commission. They could purchase a subscription on a month to month basis that includes 10 images per month for $49.99. Those downloads result in a $1.65 commission. If the customer wants a 10 download per month subscription and commits to a full year in advance the cost is $29.99 per month resulting in a $0.99 commission. They can also buy a 750 download per month subscription for $199.99 which results in the minimum commission amount as determined by your rank. More information about that can be found here: https://us.fotolia.com/Info/Contributors/Royalties

In addition, your files are available for sale at Fotolia.com where there are different subscription packages available along with the option for customers to make a purchase using credits.

Customers can also purchase an Extended license for $79.99 at Adobe Stock or varying prices set by rank at Fotolia.

There is additional information available here: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/account-payment.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the links to the royalty information. I was looking

everywhere on the Adobe Stock site for this and couldn't fine it. I wish

it was more readily noticeable on the front page of the site. I understand

the sales concept and the different tiers of payments and downloads now.

But for what it is worth, I think photographers should be paid more with at

least .99 as a minimum commission regardless of the subscription option a

buyer purchases. To sell an image for 25 cents to me is disrespectful to

the hard work photographers put into their craft to make an image

acceptable for a Stock Agency to approve.

This is of course only feedback. I've was a photographer in the military

for 25 years and in retirement figured I could make a few bucks in the

photo stock market. I didn't think it would end up being loose change.

There are many photography blogs online discrediting Adobe for the low

commissions and thousands of comments discouraging photographers from

contributing because of your poor commissions. I am sure your department

is aware of these. Hopefully, Adobe Stock will reassess their commissions

to photographers, raising them to a fare rate, and drawing more quality

images from outstanding photographers into their photo pool.

Respectfully,

Wayne S. Grazio, LT, USN, retired

www.flickr.com/fotograzio

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 11:19 AM, MatHayward <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,
Wayneg90772615 is right in many ways. The commission l'pricing isn't inspiring enough!
As for me I have many great issues with Fotolia/Adobe Stock.

I submit to many image stock companies contributing Illustrations, Painting, Footages and Photos but somehow I found out that Fotolia and Adobe lacks a lot of things that could inspire me to contribute more. I earn a lot in one site compared to here and I continue to enhance my portfolio there. Why it's hard for me to continue submitting here are some reasons, maybe you could help solve:
1.Lack of detailed submission tips. I don't even know if Fotolia and Adobe accepts editorial images and if accepts, how to do it? 

I get to know a Middle-Eastern company that didn't subscribe to Adobe Stock because it lacks images from Middle Eastern countries. For one thing, the collection is clearly behind from other stock sites, sorry to say that. I could help submit Middle Eastern themes but somehow I'm not inspired to do so because my images are mostly the editorial kind.. Editorials sell like hotcakes.

2. Fotolia and Adobe Stock combo is so complicated to understand. As a great tech company, why isn't easy to synch Fotolia and Adobe Stock. I still need to find some links out there in order to solve this synching problem but I'm still in a limbo. I'm still confused even I read the FAQs. They are so technical. No simple explanations.

3. Fotolia and Adobe Stock is kind of risky. What if Adobe decides to dump the Fotolia brand in the future..What will happen to the contributors who can't synch Adobe Stock. I'm afraid I can't access my portfolio soon if one needs to access them using anAdobe ID via Adobe Stock. There's no prompt even for me to sync.

4. slow sales... my 1 year earning in Fotolia/Adobe Stock is only 1/4 earning value of my monthly earnings from another site. Could it be buyers are also confused with the Fotolia/Adobe Stock tandem or the lack of image due to uninspired contributors like me?

5. The UI in Fotolia is somehow not user-friendly, boring and many buttons are so confusing. As a contributor, I'd rather see $ sign instead of the word credit. One time, I have to take some earnings from my site and transfer it to paypal, but it took me more minutes to understand how much would a credit give me when converted. It took me sometime to research for it. In the other site, it's so convenient, that you don't need to convert credits.. payment is sent as $ with an advance email of what or how much I will receive.

6. Oh this one is important... Why can't I reedit my Titles and Keywords of my uploaded images?.. I can't add or substract or correct keyword spellings once I submitted  them. There is no tutorial on how to do it. Once uploaded, it seems the titles and keywords will remain the same forever and can't be altered.

7. I don't know the geography/user of the downloader and how many uploads in a day ( a daily record that could help me inspire to contribute more)

8. Also since the tips in the site lacks details, may I ask if people whose faced are not recognizable in the photo or their face are not clear  back are ok to submit? Is it possible to be sold and no need of model release?

For now,  these are the few suggestions that hope  could help assess the current situation I'm in.. I'm nothing against the site. Just want to share my contributor experience to help improve that experience

regards,
george

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback George!

We do not accept editorial content at this time.

2. Fotolia and Adobe Stock combo is so complicated to understand. As a great tech company, why isn't easy to synch Fotolia and Adobe Stock. I still need to find some links out there in order to solve this synching problem but I'm still in a limbo. I'm still confused even I read the FAQs. They are so technical. No simple explanations.

If you were an existing Fotolia contributor before the Adobe Stock contributor portal was launched you would have needed to sync your Fotolia account to Adobe Stock upon your first sign in. If you created a new Adobe Stock account from scratch, you cannot add your older Fotolia account to it. If there is no content in your Adobe Stock account, I can unsync it so you can start over and sync to Fotolia.

3. 3. Fotolia and Adobe Stock is kind of risky. What if Adobe decides to dump the Fotolia brand in the future..What will happen to the contributors who can't synch Adobe Stock. I'm afraid I can't access my portfolio soon if one needs to access them using anAdobe ID via Adobe Stock. There's no prompt even for me to sync.

All of your content uploaded to Fotolia is available in Adobe Stock regardless of whether your synced your accounts or not. The opposite is true as well. If you upload through Adobe Stock, your approved content is available to Fotolia customers also.

4. slow sales... my 1 year earning in Fotolia/Adobe Stock is only 1/4 earning value of my monthly earnings from another site. Could it be buyers are also confused with the Fotolia/Adobe Stock tandem or the lack of image due to uninspired contributors like me?

I can't speak to your earnings at other agencies. I can say that Adobe Stock is doing very well and sales are increasing at a rapid pace. We have an exceptional sales team working hard to drive sales for contributors and we offer the best product and experience in the industry! The vast majority of creatives in the world are using Adobe products. Your stock content is just a click away from within the apps they are already using. Create new, relevant stock content and submit on a regular basis and you'll find the potential to be limitless.

5. The UI in Fotolia is somehow not user-friendly, boring and many buttons are so confusing. As a contributor, I'd rather see $ sign instead of the word credit. One time, I have to take some earnings from my site and transfer it to paypal, but it took me more minutes to understand how much would a credit give me when converted. It took me sometime to research for it. In the other site, it's so convenient, that you don't need to convert credits.. payment is sent as $ with an advance email of what or how much I will receive.

Using the $ sign for credits will be convenient only for US based contributors. We are an international company dealing with many different currencies around the world. Credits are our universal form of currency. For US based contributors, 1 credit = $1.

6. Oh this one is important... Why can't I reedit my Titles and Keywords of my uploaded images?.. I can't add or substract or correct keyword spellings once I submitted  them. There is no tutorial on how to do it. Once uploaded, it seems the titles and keywords will remain the same forever and can't be altered.

You can edit your keywords and titles in the Adobe Stock Contributor portal but not in the Fotolia UI. You will need to sync your account to make these changes.

7. I don't know the geography/user of the downloader and how many uploads in a day ( a daily record that could help me inspire to contribute more)

Your sales page shows how many images you sell in a day. For privacy reasons we are not able to disclose buyer information.

8. Also since the tips in the site lacks details, may I ask if people whose faced are not recognizable in the photo or their face are not clear  back are ok to submit? Is it possible to be sold and no need of model release?

Yes, if the person cannot be recognized or recognize themself from the image you can submit it. It's important to note that a face is not the only thing that could identify a person. A unique scenario, tattoo, birthmark, hair style, etc can be used to identify people. Additional information about model release requirements can be found here: Model release and protection guidelines for Adobe Stock

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mat,

Thanks for the quick reply. Your answers did help me gather inspiration to submit again to Adobe Stock. Loved to see the $ sign finally there.  I do believe an info where the file was downloaded (like a place of the continent or city) could help contributors asses the trends of that certain area like why flat artworks are more saleable in Australia this month. No need of the person's age, or personal info. Geographic location of a bought file is what contributors need I guess to help assess trends, art style, themes and even uploading days.

Also I have some issues that I need to ask now that I was able to sync Fotolia and Adobe Stock sites successfully after some time of figuring it out where to get that prompt.
Somehow,  I found some area like the New and Rejected files to be not good for me as a contributor. New is the area for lack of keywords... well I could live and adjust to it.

But the bad things seem to lurk in the rejected files area in Adobe Stock. These are:
1. There is no delete option (some of my rejected files are still locked up there.. Those were rejected by Fotolia reviewers way back before Adobe has taken over Fotolia site. 3 years ago.. I know a lot of contributors were in love/hate relationship in submitting to Fotolia those days when reviewers were so hard, created to much tension. 
So here's Number...
2. No Longer curve for contributors  (The reviewers rejected the file without even giving definite REASONS why they were rejected...with this, a contributor like me is left hanging in a cliff upon seeing files with just a red button that says FIle could not be accepted. Thanks for giving us the chance to consider your image. Unfortunately we were unable to process your file. Please contact us for more information...
Well, Contacting your side to ask a reason is a tedious job specially if there are many rejected files. For us, making new stuff is our priority and it's much better than spending all day contacting your side just to ask details why files are getting rejected. 
It's good to see some helpful links sometimes in some rejected files on how to make it right but the lack of detailed reason like there's noise, blurred or oversaturated is hard for us to grasp of what caused the rejection. We could learn easily and avoid mistakes in the future if a reviewer can send a phrase or note that this category is Editorial ( we don't accept editorial at the moment).  So simple note or phrase is helpful enough to us as we don't need to scour the rejection reasons pages again and again to why the reviewer rejected the image..

4. But since there's no delete option, no reasons, no notes..the result is there's no chance of fixing and reuploading  the files once again. As a designer, thinking of commercial concepts (plus rendering it as a file) need much more time but in the end, our inspiration to submit explodes like a bubble, when a subjective reviewer rejects it and lock it up in the rejection area without reason. It is not fair, I guess. For me, it's feel like a slap for a designer/contributor when he sees his work getting locked up in a rejection area even it was rejected 3 years ago. And to think, this same images earn a lot in other agencies. We spent ample time on that image and we believe for second try. Maybe the reviewers was just in a bad mood that night that my submissions became poor victims. (I will discuss more on  this in number 5)
Well, hopefully in the future I can delete my rejected files and learn from them, improved them, and resubmit them for another resubmission.. or did I miss a hidden delete button which is just there somewhere?
5. I have nothing against reviewers' discretion as they are just humans who have different judgments and creative moods, but some of the rejected files were great earners in other sites. Somehow, they took the simplicity of an image not to be commercial enough. Or they don't immerse themselves with the changing art trends. As a contributor, I myself apply trends on my works but it's not good when a reviewer rejects it because it's to simplistic or it has elements that he or she doesn't like but for buyers these elements and simplicity is what they're searching for. Am I just out of luck if a contributor decides to reject it subjectively. So, us, the contributors who are spending time creating images becomes victims and the uninspired. With this, the user-experience will be in a bad loop.

Hope my (lengthy) views will be of help too.

I'm still familiarizing the UI of Adobe stock, it's nicer than Fotolia's UI. Salute for having an edit option for keywords and title.. I'm happy to know this feature.

Thanks again,
George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I totally agree with everything you wrote George. I have found the same issues with Adobe stock. I have a 90% acceptance rate on other competitive stock photography sites and some of my work there are real winners. So obviously I want to try to get some of those winners on to Adobe stock and for the life of me, I don't know why they keep rejecting these photos... I do everything I can to fix them to what I think Adobe wants for their clients. It's very frustrating and it is a slap in the face to work so hard on some great photography and get a whopping $0.25 or even a dollar. I have just about had it with them. With the amount of time and effort I put into the uploading process, it's hardly worth it both professionally or emotionally. Nice to read your comments and to know that we are not alone with this stock photography acceptance and buying opportunity issues or well, maybe the lack of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Where do I find out my acceptance rate please?

Michele

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you understand of acceptance rate?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't you just divide your acceptance rate by your total uploaded files including your rejections?

So, say you uploaded a total of 100 files and 50 were accepted and 50 rejected - that would give you 50% acceptance and conversely 50% rejection!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 credit is worth $1.40 on fotolia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sarahp89648822  wrote

1 credit is worth $1.40 on fotolia

???

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines