• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Self-portrait

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question is related to Adobe Stock. I would just like to know what is considered a self-portrait? My husband took a picture of me with my camera and instructions. Can this be considered a self-portrait and can I sign the model release as artist and model and upload the picture? Or since my husband pushed the trigger, is he considered the artist, and the picture is therefore "not my property" to use as a stock image?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is rather a tricky question. Basically the one pushing the trigger is the creator of the artwork. But this has to be nuanced, as there is the possibility to do remote shooting and in this case the remote shooter is considered as the artist and the one moving the camera around is simply an assistant. Your case is similar like this one. When ou determine the settings and your husband is assisting you in that task, pushing the trigger is probably not considered as an artistic accomplishment.

I wouldn't put to much thought behind that. You need, however, a model release of yours. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines