• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Similar Image already submitted - Really not that similar?

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm a new contributor, so apologies in advance if this is an obvious answer to this question.

I got back from a tour of a few different wineries and wanted to submit a few of my photos to Adobe Stock.  (Keep in mind there are no other winery related photos in my portfolio)  The first one was a wide angle view of of the barrels in storage.  It got accepted.

wine barrels 1.jpg

When i try to submit a closeup overhead view of another set of wine barrels (actually from a different winery) it keeps getting rejected as being a similar item.  Just because the subject is a wine barrel, i think it is a very different view.  Should this really be rejected according to policy?

wine barrel 2.jpg

I understand if it is a slightly different angle or a similar composition, but I think these are 2 very different shots and have different uses.   Can i really only have 1 picture of a wine barrel in my portfolio?  Even the text mentions you can have color variations of the SAME image, so how is a different image with a different composition rejected?

I tried re-submitting just in case it was a mistake the first time, but it got rejected again.

Anyway, please let me know if i am missing something or just not seeing something  because i am too close to the topic to see that they really are too similar.

Thanks,

-Todd-

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems strange to me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, it's different images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour
j'ai déjà eu ce motif de refus et j'avais envoyé un ticket pour avoir une explication
on m'avait répondu que la qualité de mon image était inférieure à la qualité des images déjà présente dans la base

j'espère avoir pu t'aider dans ta question

cordialement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be that there's another image in your portfolio with similar structure and colours? Might be that the Adobe algorithm only "thinks" that there is a similar image with the same theme.

Check the automatic generated keywords for the image and what the algorithm "sees".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are the only 2 images involving wine barrels in my portfolio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't mean another photo with wine barrels. But there could be a photo with similar structures/patterns and colours. Something like red wooden planks etc. or red wood and metal....maybe something completely different but with similar structures in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see your point.  However, in this case, most of my pictures are either underwater photography, or tropical shots.  These are the 2 images closest to each other in my portfolio. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour

est ce que ces deux images ont été uploadées en même temps ?

si oui,  ils ont choisi la meilleure des deux car la seconde n'as pas une qualité suffisante pour être validée et ce motif de refus est donné quand une photo  est de qualité inférieure à ce qui existe dans la base microstock

j'ai déjà eu cette explication par fotolia

photo similaire non pas par rapport à une des votre mais par rapport à ce qui existe sur adobe stock ou fotolia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://contributor.stock.adobe.com/en/Contact

Use the contact form and ask for clarification. Sometimes works are rejected by misunderstanding or other error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am a new contributor and have had photos rejected for that reason too - I take wildlife so yes I have i.e a lot of elephants - but they are all entirely different ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines