SIMILAR IMAGE(S) ALREADY SUBMITTED

Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This message is for JG

Hi Mr, or Ms JG.
Thank you time and willingness to answer my question.
I would like to show the rejected pictures because of SIMILAR PICTURES ....
In my private collection there are over a hundred pictures of Fire Hydrants  of different colors, shapes etc.,
so I thought to posting some of them (see Attached) and same with the clouds. They are amazing and endless
shapes and colors. REJECTED my second one because of  SIMILAR PICTURES ....
I understand it's not in your power to change this situation, just sharing my concerns with you, that such a great company 
can also have stupid rules.
Thank you
and best wishes.
Soyher

(Solomon Kraner)
P.S. Files intentionally reduced size.Hydrant-21.jpgHydrant-26.jpgHydrant-40.jpgSunset thrue the Clouds.jpgCloud Fantasy.jpg

To add into what Test_Screen_Name says: images will also be marked "similar" when there is an abundant number of such pictures in the stock data base. So the pictures need to have a "wow" effect, they need to be outstanding to get accepted. But there is also a time factor. If you submit 20 sky pictures at once, you may be sure to get 18 refused as similar. If you submit them in the course of the time, they will slip through more easily. However, you should avoid spamming the portfolio with lower quality images of one kind, as this would inevitably trigger customer complaints and so action against your portfolio.

The foremost aim of Adobe stock is to offer the customers an abundant choice of high quality images of all kind. That you are able to submit is only secondary (even if it is an important part of getting a growing database of pictures...).

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

SIMILAR IMAGE(S) ALREADY SUBMITTED

Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This message is for JG

Hi Mr, or Ms JG.
Thank you time and willingness to answer my question.
I would like to show the rejected pictures because of SIMILAR PICTURES ....
In my private collection there are over a hundred pictures of Fire Hydrants  of different colors, shapes etc.,
so I thought to posting some of them (see Attached) and same with the clouds. They are amazing and endless
shapes and colors. REJECTED my second one because of  SIMILAR PICTURES ....
I understand it's not in your power to change this situation, just sharing my concerns with you, that such a great company 
can also have stupid rules.
Thank you
and best wishes.
Soyher

(Solomon Kraner)
P.S. Files intentionally reduced size.Hydrant-21.jpgHydrant-26.jpgHydrant-40.jpgSunset thrue the Clouds.jpgCloud Fantasy.jpg

To add into what Test_Screen_Name says: images will also be marked "similar" when there is an abundant number of such pictures in the stock data base. So the pictures need to have a "wow" effect, they need to be outstanding to get accepted. But there is also a time factor. If you submit 20 sky pictures at once, you may be sure to get 18 refused as similar. If you submit them in the course of the time, they will slip through more easily. However, you should avoid spamming the portfolio with lower quality images of one kind, as this would inevitably trigger customer complaints and so action against your portfolio.

The foremost aim of Adobe stock is to offer the customers an abundant choice of high quality images of all kind. That you are able to submit is only secondary (even if it is an important part of getting a growing database of pictures...).

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 28, 2019 0
Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Stupid rules" are there to make Adobe money. I think you may need to adjust your expectations of Adobe stock. They have no reason or plan to let you use Stock to make collections. Your question suggests you may think of it as some kind of gallery or portfolio.  But no, it is a commercial service. Adobe take images because they think they can make money with them. So, can you see a commercial reason for people to need a wide choice of similar images of fire hydrants? I know the colours and streets are different, but how many images like this does the image buyer need?  Also, if you submit a collection all at once you are sure to fail! You would need to submit a few, then allow Adobe time to see if there is a commercial interest. If the images are licensed many times, they may want more.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2019 1
Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for taking time and for such detailed answer. 

First of all I appologaes for my anger tone. I really had a different accpectation of the way Adobe 

is conducting the business.  Will try to ajust my postings in the future.

Thanks again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2019 0
Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regards, Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2019 0
Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for taking time and explaining the mistakes by my own missleading of the Adobe concepts.

I appologes for using anger, inappropriate expration. Was just frastrated because of lack of understanding the Adobe business.

I REALLY appreciate the way you and Test_Screen_Name explained me my wrong view of Adobe.

I'm not a Master Photographer at all and not so artistic, but view, like you said, Adobe as a gullery site that united amateurs and professionals.

Good Luck and success !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2019 0
Abambo LATEST
Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stock is a business and not a galley site. If you want gallery sites, there are a bunch out to post your pictures:

• flickr
  • 500px
  • fotocommunity

May be someone can complement this...

Regards, Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2019 0