Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

slow FTP speeds for video uploads

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Having a really hard time getting a large group of 2.0GB+ video files uploaded to ftp://ftp.contributor.adobestock.com. My upload speed is 2500mbps but I only get about 300-500mbps via Transmit or CyberDuck FTP client. I have thoroughly tested all of my equipment and connection with my internet provider.  A trace route test revealed the there is a bottle neck or server timeout with level3.net.  I can also forward the full trace route.  I have 200+ 4K videos (all are 1-2GB ProRes) that I need to upload asap.  I am uploading from Southern California, USA.

Help!

PS- I also submitted this directly via https://contributor.stock.adobe.com/en/contact

[Moderator moved the thread to the correct forum]

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Same problem here... from France.

Impossible to upload 4k videos. After 20 sec at 2.5 MB/s, the upload is down at 0.650 MB/s... At the end, a timeout connection appears. I have fiber connection. No problem with other stock agencies (average of 25 MB/s).

I contacted the Adobe Stock support and advised me to upload at different hours... Well, uh, problem (of course) not solved. They also asked me to use Filezilla: well, uh, problem not solved.

There is obviously a bottleneck somewhere. Their tech team need to solve that if the info comes up.

Wake up Adobe Stock!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same here from Germany. Upload starts at 800KiB/s per file (FileZilla) then drops down to 500KiB/s. Only two files upload simultaneously. It takes forever ... I will die of old age ... Help!

Uploading to other sites with FileZilla: no problem. The full bandwith is used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same here also from Germany.

A few weeks ago I wrote to Adobe and their answer was: I should try it at different times of the day. But without success. Upload speed wasn't a problem half a year ago, but since then a ProRes video with 4 GB has taken more than 2 hours and I only have these problems with Adobe Stock.

Adobe please please fix that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same here from Thailand.

I Upload  speed 240 kb / file,
have problem half a year ago Until now,  Uploading to other sites with FileZilla: no problem. The full bandwith is used. I only have these problems with Adobe Stock.   Adobe team please please fix that. quick!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well at least you guys found the keep-a-live setting and didn't have to go through all the rubbish I did to find the problem.

still slow but at least its not timing out after 10 minutes anymore!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines