• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

So confused as to why these were rejected and how to improve edit...

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I'm confused as to rejections on these three photos.  First they were rejected for noise (some days it seems as though a reviewer is just pressing the noise button over and over).  Okay, I'm new and willing to learn!  So I went back in and re-edited 11 photos using luminance and re-submitted.  One was accepted, and ALL OTHER 10 were rejected again, this time for focus.  Can you please help me understand what I seem to be missing?  Adobe has rejected for "Noise" about 10% of my submissions that have been accepted across the board at several other sites, including images that have sold and images that have been placed under "premium" or "editors choice."  I only have about 200 images up so far (been doing this for about 6 weeks) but I'm thoroughly confused.  I would really appreciate any tips on what you see and how you are editing for success.  Here are two examples. 

IMG_9971vertboardexample.jpgThis is the original image rejected for NOISE.

IMG_9971vertadboardexample.jpgAnd this is the image I resubmitted that was subsequently rejected for FOCUS. (file 179329236)

And again:

IMG_3034boardexample.jpgThis image was rejected for NOISE.

boardexample.jpgAnd here's the re-edited and re-submitted image rejected for FOCUS (file 179329187)

Again, many thanks for your tips.

Best to all of you,

Erin

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

That is how I understand it. I am an artist and I can not enter my finished

art either. It has to be all in focus at 500 dpi and no special art

manipulation. The customer wants to do that for themselves. Best regards, JH

<https://mailtrack.io/> Sent with Mailtrack

<https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mailtrack-for-gmail-inbox/ndnaehgpjlnokgebbaldlmgkapkpjkkb?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality>

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 10:25 AM, Erin Donalson <forums_noreply@adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a good eye for composition and subjects. In the grain fields, the photos have many out of focus and noise problems. This is an automatic declined response. Reread the instructions Adobe set up for new members.

The last one of water and the village is also lovely but strong colors might have caused noise. He entire photo must be in focus and NO blurred areas. Sharp lines are it. Look at every bit of the photo in 100% or even 200%. Adobe also offers tutorials.

I am still learning exactly what Adobe wants. It is all related to buyers market choices. I love this. Enjoy the great opportunities. FREE. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Joan - I had already done all of that.  The grass/wildflower photo is a shoot through of other grasses.  So you're saying Adobe does NOT want shoot through photos, and wants an entire image image in focus, no focal point or depth of field nuances? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is how I understand it. I am an artist and I can not enter my finished

art either. It has to be all in focus at 500 dpi and no special art

manipulation. The customer wants to do that for themselves. Best regards, JH

<https://mailtrack.io/> Sent with Mailtrack

<https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mailtrack-for-gmail-inbox/ndnaehgpjlnokgebbaldlmgkapkpjkkb?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality>

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 10:25 AM, Erin Donalson <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it's because of the wheats in foreground which are out of focus,i've faced the same probleme

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines