Hi guys, I'm new here. I have got only two sells till now. I know I have much to learn. Photography is my hobby and am not looking for big returns here. I'm from India and am mostly interested in travel photography (as I love traveling!!). I just want to know a few things-
1. What's the scope of travel photography (mainly from India)? Is there any demand? I searched but couldn't find too many photos from lesser known places like Binsar, Khajjiar etc.
2. How many uploads before I can get regular downloads (depending on my kind of photography)?
3. I do know I have much to learn. I would appreciate if you guys can check my profile and share a few tips to improve my photography and no. of downloads.
4. I do love photography. But it's not my source of income. Still, after how many uploads can I expect a regular monthly payment?
Copy link to clipboard
1. Nobody can tell you, what users are currently looking for. Travel photography is, however, a very popular theme with photographers, so your pictures should show what others are missing. Please note that pictures with people in probably sell best, but you need a model release of each person that can be recognized. So when photographing people, keep that in mind.
2. Sock photography is about masses. A lot of pictures will help to fuel your sales. Looking into my portfolio, I have around 10% of sales for my total portfolio, but as some of them sell more then once, the number of pictures that sell are less. And I have pictures selling that I added just because I had them, not exactly because they were of great value. So keep in mind: the buyer is not always looking after the same kind of picture data than you do.
3. Post your rejections in Stock Contributor Critique and fellow contributors will look at them and try to figure out the flaws. As for accepted pictures, keep in mind that Adobe moderators are about the most picky ones. I get less pictures accepted in Adobe stock than in competitor stock providers. So accepted pictures have some value to Adobe.
4. There are people reaching quite a good level of sales. It depends if you really hit the nerve of what people are looking at. Keep also in mind: The more popular you get, the more sales you will do. But nobody will give you exact numbers. I would starve if I would need to live from my contributions. For a lot of contributors, the best payout probably is currently the subscription bonus for 300 accepted pictures until the end of the year.
All in all: I wish you good look for your enterprise and may be one day, you will get a decent income that pays for your camera or accessories. That would be a good start for me too.
Copy link to clipboard
As is highlighted by Abambo, sales quantity is unpredictable, thus is guaranteed monthly income. Also no one can say when sales will start, Because we do not know exactly what customers will buy, having a very wide variety of images in your portfolio is an asset for more sales, and the fact that your images are accepted by Adobe, means there is potential for sale. You need to be patient and keep uploading regularly.