• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spurious 'intellectual property violation' rejections

Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I've been getting a spate of rejections for "intellectual property violation" on images that are either of historical objects like this one:

image.pngThis is the Baptistery of the Duomo of Pisa, and is as ancient and public domain as my images of the adjacent cathedral and leaning campanile, which were accepted;

image.png This one is a publicly visible mural in Italy's Cinque Terre. Does it require a release fro the artist?

image.pngThis image is a trail direction sign, also in Cinque Terre, that points the way to the next village. Was it mistaken for a business sign?

image.pngAnd what possible intellectyal property is visible in this image? Or most bafflingly, these images of purely natural objects:

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Good questions. It is up to you to find the answers and let Adobe know you have signed releases or will get them or that you have researched and can say for certain no releases are required. Or, you can fix the photos by taking out signs, blurring faces and resubmit your work. Yes,  it is a bit of extra effort but must be done by someone, the photographer. I read ten pages of these laws that are listed on the Adobe site named in the note I first posted. Best regards. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting a "spate" of rejections due to "intellectual property violations" means that you have presented photographs of places - things - or people who can be identified or must have a release from people or owners of places. So, you need to inform yourself about these strict regulations that Adobe follows. It is up to you, the creator of the photographs, to do the homework and become informed when a release of some kind is required.   I can give an educated guess, most of the photos have people in them and as historical places or things, might require a release for publication. Please save some time in posting your Adobe Stock contributions.

Go research this site.

For  you to be able to achieve better image results and get offerings accepted into Adobe Stock go to   https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry, I've checked out responses to other inquiries about intellectual property violations. I'm assuming in line with these that the Italian playground mural needs a release from the artist.

But my other questions in the post still stand. Who do those rock formations in Arizona belong to? Who created the Italian beach cliff? Where is the intellectual property in the couple seen distantly from the back walking up an unidentifiable stone stairway? Who still owns the rights to Baptistery of Pisa, built in 1152 and right beside the Duomo and Campanile, whose images I made at the same time were accepted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good questions. It is up to you to find the answers and let Adobe know you have signed releases or will get them or that you have researched and can say for certain no releases are required. Or, you can fix the photos by taking out signs, blurring faces and resubmit your work. Yes,  it is a bit of extra effort but must be done by someone, the photographer. I read ten pages of these laws that are listed on the Adobe site named in the note I first posted. Best regards. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a logo on the backpack? The rock formations - are they in a National Park? If so, the rocks belong to the National Park - I guess.

So, as Joan says, you have to do the research on this. Admittedly, it can be rather hard to find out, but that's the way it is!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No logos are visible at the resolution of this shot, and the rock formations are on US Forest Service land, just like all my other pictures in the area which were accepted.

So I'm guessing there's just a certain amount of randomness in the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines