Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stock Contributor photos rejected because of Technical Issues

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

some of my photos were rejected because of "technical issue" but i have reviewed the photos and regulations and my photos fall within regulations.  Can someone help me get the photos approved?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I see from the metadata that these photos were taken with a GoPro. This is a very small camera, therefore the sensor is small. Due to this, like smartphone cameras, the image quality is not so good when enlarged. This wouldn't make a very large print - which may be needed in a commercial setting.

See here:

Laguna Beach-2_quality.jpg

The pixels begin to smudge together - also seen with the waves:

Laguna Beach-2_qualitywaves.jpg

All your photos are like this unfortunately, hence the rejection - overall image quality is not so good.

Have a read of this. It's a brief guide on image quality:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The camera takes 12megapixel photos, same as most dslrs. Not sure why it's rejecting the GoPro files. 
perhaos edited too heavily?
I did submit video clips with the GoPro (hero black 7) and those were accepted. 4K, 30fps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a common misperception that size means megapixels - when actually it is the size of the sensor over which those megapixels are collected.  If you imagine each megapixel is a bucket catching rain - then imagine different sized squares.  In a small square, you would have to put the buckets on top of each other which would prevent the ones at the bottom catching much rain, in an ideal square, buckets would be next to each other touching and would be able to catch almost all the rain.

This is a comparison of sensor sizes - as you can see DSLRs have much much bigger areas to collect the megapixels so they catch much much more information and therefore their images can be printed at much bigger sizes without loss of quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines