• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

submission of 1979 historical photograph?

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In October 1979 I took a photograph of Pope John Paul II as he motorcaded through the streets of Washington D.C. in his first visit to the U.S. Of course 1979 is pre-digital era (and even pre-Adobe,) and the photo was shot hand-held on 100 asa film. Taking into consideration the limitations of forty year old 35 mm slide film, it is not as technically flawless as current technology offers, but the few people I've shown it to say it is one of the best they've seen of him (this is pre-assassination attempt so he is riding in a limousine rather than the later, glass-enclosed "Pope-mobile.")  The Pope faces the viewer and his right hand is extended as if summoning the viewer; the left hand cradles his cardinal's hat to his chest.  Since I have been holding it for almost forty years and it uses old technology (slide has been scanned), I wonder if it fits into Adobe Stock requirements. They want perfection for current work. It is an historical photograph with flaws, so is Adobe Stock the best venue to release this photo? Since there are 1.285 billion Roman Catholics in the world, there is probably a market.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Sounds like a cool shot but unless you have a model release signed by the Pope allowing you to license the image for commercial purposes we won't be able to accept it. This would be an editorial image which we are not currently accepting from individual contributors.

Best regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like a cool shot but unless you have a model release signed by the Pope allowing you to license the image for commercial purposes we won't be able to accept it. This would be an editorial image which we are not currently accepting from individual contributors.

Best regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines