• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Techincal Problems of my uploaded images

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody. Many of my images have been rejected due to "technical problems", but I don't know the specific reason why that is. Can you help me understand what I did wrong? Thanks a lot!

_A642221.jpg_A642275.JPG_A642270.JPGDSC01309.jpg

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

There may be more detailed technical issues visible with close inspection but let's look at the composition because that comes under Technical issues too.

* In the first image, the composition of the cup, and the out of focus background is nice. But there is a blurry object that seems to serve no purpose behind the cup, and there seems to be confusing lighting.

* In the second image there is one piece of wood that is different. Why, what is its story? And the strands of twig at the corner seem u

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Hi @Fabian5F85,

The cafe latte has ill-defined edges.  A Stock customer would have a very hard time selecting and masking this for use with other images.  So for this reason, I would not buy it.

The wood pile is underexposed.  There's simply not enough light. Also, Stock already have 57K+ images of wood.  So competition in this category is very fierce.

Woodpile

I feel the boat has the best lighting of the 4.  But when examined at 200% magnification, problems appear.

image.png

See links below:

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be more detailed technical issues visible with close inspection but let's look at the composition because that comes under Technical issues too.

* In the first image, the composition of the cup, and the out of focus background is nice. But there is a blurry object that seems to serve no purpose behind the cup, and there seems to be confusing lighting.

* In the second image there is one piece of wood that is different. Why, what is its story? And the strands of twig at the corner seem unplanned.

* The stump and woodpile seem too tightly cropped for general commercial use. I'd want to see the whole of both. 

* The boat is nice but the power line is not. Also the boat randomly overlaps a building: what is the relationship between boat and building? What are the two buildings lit differently and what is their story?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your quick input - very valuable for me.

In general, I also wanted to visualize imperfection with the object behind the cup or with the different wood in the wood stack - life is imperfect and this is also what I wanted imply with these shots.

Definitely agree to the power line remark in the boat picture

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fabian, I see something that I see often on Social media, no offense.  People check the density of their images with monitors that are too bright.  If the monitor is bright, which is most folks' preference, and they determine the lightness/darkness with software.  They inevitably will darken down too much.  

As an example, my monitor is at a setting of brightness close to the middle.  I went to the Apple store and dealt with a helper there.  The first thing he did, as he hit the brightness button to its max was to ask "what's up with your monitor?"  I said " Oh, well, it's calibrated", he quickly apologized.  Calibrating is great but, at least we can turn down the brightness to set photos density.  This applies to the first three.  The boat seems to be better in the density department.  Great shot.  Wish you well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Gary,

Thanks a lot for your feedback - very helpful for me.

In regard to the exposure, in many cases and so as well in the mentioned pictures I make use of the "Auto" expose function in Lightroom, which I typically find very much on point. But also see that these shots might still be too dark. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use the histogram for checking the exposure.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Fabian5F85,

The cafe latte has ill-defined edges.  A Stock customer would have a very hard time selecting and masking this for use with other images.  So for this reason, I would not buy it.

The wood pile is underexposed.  There's simply not enough light. Also, Stock already have 57K+ images of wood.  So competition in this category is very fierce.

Woodpile

I feel the boat has the best lighting of the 4.  But when examined at 200% magnification, problems appear.

image.png

See links below:

Better luck with your next submission.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

Appreciate the valuable feedback, thanks!

For the cappuccino, the focus is intentionally put on the milk froth, therefore I guess the ill-defined edges appear.

Good to learn about the reasons for rejection on the boat picture, thanks. I think, I really need to make sure to have everything 100% sharp in the next shots. Have a great day, Fabian.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Caffe Latte:

Abambo_0-1612279761942.png

Noise (arrow), bluish light (ok, that can be nice, but I think it does not add here something) strange ard edges between the blue and the white in the milk froth. In addition the histogram shows that the picture is kind of underexposed. Also the composition is not good. 

Abambo_2-1612280785587.png

Adding a little bit more of the cup's shadow would make it more usable for potential buyers.

For the boat:

There are artifacts noticable in the image:

Abambo_3-1612281038327.png

I think it's also oversaturated. And for the composition, I would crop out the light pole at the left and edit out the cable. unfortuneatly the building is somehow weird interconnected with the fore. 

The first would pile is underexposed (one to 1.5 stops) otherwise it would be a nice texture. When taking such pictures,

1. set your camera to manual mode
  2. set the "correct" exposure as measured
  3. use exposition brackets and choose the best exposed picture. If you use a tripod, you may even be able to combine different exposures.

The wood doesn't move fast, so take your time to get the correct composition out of the camera. Check the pickture at 100% on the camera screen for disturbing elements especially around your main subject. 

The second pile is really badly composed, besides being also underexposed.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines