Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical Error - Any views on the reasons

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm new to this and have just had a batch of uploads rejected for "Technical Error". Any thoughts as to what I've done wrong would be welcome.

ThanksLighthouse lens from inside abstract.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sharpness is missing, there is too much noise in the picture...

To be accepted the noise level really needs to be very low and the picture needs to be crisp sharp except perhaps for a nice bokeh in the background.

You would have needed a tripod for this and a correct focus.

The motive is interesting!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I can tell, is that you have camera shake, and no wonder taken at 1/4 sec according to your EXIF data.

So, a tripod should have been used. As far as noise - ISO 800 is quite high, so it would be better to use a lower ISO and use a tripod - or at least a solid surface.

Also, I think there are some signs of chromatic aberration - purple fringing along the edges:

Lighthouse+lens+from+inside+abstract_crop.jpg

Plus, you can see some signs of noise...

and camera shake - hence the blurriness:

:Lighthouse+lens+from+inside+abstract_camera shake.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi abrahs,

The technical error here has to do with your composition. You've taken the subject too close. Adobe prefers to have space around the subject so that the customer can opt to crop. The links below contain guidelines you'll find beneficial.

Do's and don'ts for selecting and editing photos for Adobe Stock

Create better photos for Adobe Stock with 7 tips for success |

tagproducts_SG_STOCK-CONTRIBUTOR_i18nKeyHelppagetitle  - Read all you can from this link, but most of all read the Adobe Stock Contributor Guide. I hope this was helpful.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comments - Just starting on here and will now bear all these in mind when actually taking the pictures!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice Fresnel!

Just to add to the others, my only addition would be that the strong vertical lines aren't straight. Now, though a buyer can straighten it themselves, it's better to submit it straight in my opinion so it doesn't become the focus of the image. Some people are OCD about lines being straight and can spot them a mile off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines