Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical Error

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_9334.jpg

I received a Technical Error and I do not understand why, as I am new to this.

If anyone could help me understand that would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Visualkv,

I believe it might be the shadowy appearance to the right of the image.

Let's get the opinion of ricky336​ and Abambo​.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is more wrong with this picture. But the shadowy part at the right is the most obvious. The whole picture looks like an old slide, scanned. The poles of the fence should be vertical and well, I suppose the histogram will show an additional problem.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I think the main issue is also the shadow on the right side. It is very distracting. You also need to straighten your horizon, and I think the picture is a bit underexposed, so there are a few issues with this picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that might be the same thing going on here?564FF483-0516-4B05-B21E-EC4E65756166.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whithout looking deeply into the picture, you see immediately the defects:

0BAD2AEA-9511-4C77-A762-5884618EDAF0.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any tips on how to keep the sky exposure from bleeding over the tree exposure like that? Could i take two photos, one exposing the sky and the other the tree and blend them together in PS? Or would that flag a “to much post pruduction” kickback?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi followhair

If you have not been correcting your photos with an editor, you need to do so. Using a photo editor, you need to reduce exposure, contrast, white, and black (not much reduction on black).Increase shadow and vibrancy. Also you need to up the temperature a bit, and to reduce the tint. You also will need to do more white balance adjustments, and or level adjustments to reduce the blueness. Remember to check your image at 100 to 200% for noise and grains, and make the relevant adjustments if necessary. It's a nice photo. I like it, but I'm not sure what the moderator will say about the framing; being so close to the tree on the right and not including either the ground at its root, nor the top, yet not focusing on anything in particular on the tree.

To reduce the amount of required adjustments, it is best to get to know your camera. Read-up on, and learn the appropriate settings and take most, if not all your photo manually using manual settings, and practice.

Also you will find   Create better photos for Adobe Stock with 7 tips for success | useful.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fellowheir  wrote

(...) and blend them together in PS? Or would that flag a “to much post pruduction” kickback?

No, that would work fine. Only requirement is that you do not see that it is edited. You may even edit something out like a tree or a logo or even edit something in. Condition is, that you do not see the editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The suggested blending of two photos would not be necessary in this case. With the suggested adjustments, especially if Photoshop is used, the result will be fine. With Photoshop followhair can start out with the auto correction in camera raw. That will do most of the correction, and then make small adjustments to improve the appearance. That will take off the highlight at the top and improve the lower side. My guess is that the camera was set to auto exposure, and in the sun that tend to give a blue overcast. White balance, and or level should take care of that. this is a rough. With more details it's a lovely photo..untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is shot in auto. I was in a lot of different scenarios that day so I kept it in auto to keep from having to worry knowing I could change it later. I posted the original because somewhere in the tips I read that customers would edit themselves and less post production is better. Now I see that means get it to a properly exposed, framed, composed shot, and let the customer take it from there. Thank you all for your suggestions. Visualkv​ I apologize for stepping on your question and I hope that maybe these tips will help you as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fellowheir  wrote

It is shot in auto. I was in a lot of different scenarios that day so I kept it in auto to keep from having to worry knowing I could change it later.

You can never change the correct settings “later”. You need to get it right in the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fellowheir  wrote

It is shot in auto. I was in a lot of different scenarios that day so I kept it in auto to keep from having to worry knowing I could change it later.

You can change the parameters later if you shoot in raw! But, it is a good idea and practice to get the settings correct when taking the photo.

Here, I think you mean shooting in 'auto mode', don't you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant WB was in auto. I was shooting in Av mode from a canon 50D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using auto white balance is fine - I use it and have no problems. Also I have also used a Canon 50D. For your above photo, using a lens hood would have helped in this situation - it reduces lens flare, which I think is what you have on the side of the tree,  as well as a polarising filter. A polarising filter helps to take out the glare of bright sun and deepens colours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wb can be left in auto as long as you shoot raw. My experience showed that people shooting jpeg anyhow do not know about wb.

As Ricky suggested, a lens hood helps. Professionals shoot always (rare exceptions...) with a lens hood mounted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines