Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical error

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new - and get two pictures rejected, one of them

look here. I can't figur out why, can anyone help ??

Kind regards Kate

DSC_0137bl.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

The color issue is the only thing I see at the resolution you provided, so it was my best guess as to why it was rejected, but that might not be right. It might be other things that I can't see.

I do know that black and white images sell a lot worse on Adobe Stock compared to images in color, so just from a monetary standpoint it's better to provide color images.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that the size you submitted to Adobe Stock? If so, it's way too small.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - no - the real size is 6000x4000 px, 300 dpi, 68,7 MB

You can only upload a picture here as this on (says the manual)

Best regards

Kate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can upload the original size on here. People do it for critiques all the time. It enables us to see a lot more detail to offer further help.

One thing I can see, even in that small size, is that you've done quite a bit of editing. Adobe Stock is not the marketplace to sell that sort of thing.

Since many (most?) Adobe Stock customers are working in Photoshop (or with Photoshop easily available), they can very easily make things black and white (and leave a bit in color if they want). So, if you upload the full color version, they could replicate this image very easily. HOWEVER, if somebody wants a full color version and you've uploaded this one, they can't make it color again. In general, it's a better idea to provide very light editing or none. Making a color image black and white automatically cuts down on the number of people who will find it useful by a HUGE amount.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ooh - when I uploaded the picture here - it says to me - that pictures can only be this size...

About black/white with a little colour in the eyes - Im afraid the picture comes this way - when

I use my camera - it's not edited that way in photoshop... And yes I know I can also do it

in photoshop - but these pictures are done so by camera.

Best regards

Kate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im useing a SLR camera from Nikon

which has something called selektiv colour pick

you can pick a color (up to 3 or more) and the rest

of the picture stands B/W - some times you need

to clean a little in photoshop cause it can be very sensitive

if you have many strong colors around - and then you

need to clean a little rest colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would highly recommend turning that feature off and never using it again for stuff you want to sell on Adobe Stock. It's very easy to recreate this effect in Photoshop, so if somebody wants it this way, they can make it in approximately 2 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Year you think so - I have another meaning about that,

but people are different... And if Adobe Stock dont like

that kind of art pictures - it dose'nt matter - the can just

tell me that - I can sell them elsewhere Its not a technical error is it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The color issue is the only thing I see at the resolution you provided, so it was my best guess as to why it was rejected, but that might not be right. It might be other things that I can't see.

I do know that black and white images sell a lot worse on Adobe Stock compared to images in color, so just from a monetary standpoint it's better to provide color images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfurtnatly I can't provide you with better pictures,

this is what Im get of message - when I try that:

Maksimal filstørrelse: 8.7890625 MB. Bemærk venligst også, at billeder, der er større end 900 px i bredden eller 900 px i højden vil blive skaleret, så de passer til dit indhold.

As you se Im Danish...

I hope some one will tell me a little more about errors...

Best regards

Kate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think a technical reason could be the size of the file. With 68,7 MB at 6000x4000px as jpeg the file is very large. Enlarging the image in image processing is not allowed and leads to rejection.

As far as the image design is concerned, I think that the cat should be placed more in the eye of the beholder, then the effect of the coloured eyes would also be more visible. When you look at the picture, you first look at the bright object on the right in front of the cat, then at the bright light spots on the tree trunks on the left and only then at the cat. In my opinion, there are too many objects in the picture that distract the viewer and make the picture too restless.

For a better understanding of what I mean, I cropped the picture and marked the still disturbing picture elements.

DSC_0137bl_4.jpg

Greets

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image is poorly composed. The animal is too centered, it is partialy hidden by... a piece of wood (?) ans there is this blurry light zone in the lower left corner. And when you turn a photo to B & W in Photoshop, you can have very different results with one pic, simulating the color filters used on the lens for B & W photography.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - I can't see any animal hidden by a piece of wood - can you ? Are we looking at the same picture ?? And too centered sorry - but this picture have won prizes - blurry light zone in left corner - have you heard about clipping... hihihi. AND Im sorry to tell you this is not made by Photoshop - it made by my camera - so you have no problem working with such a picture in Photoshop... - But it dose'nt matter - Im already selling this picture some other place in fact a hole serie taking of two Bengal Cats.... - I see now how things are not function in this stock related place - and that none can answer my question here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that you came here  for people to tell you "Your pic is perfect, it's unfair it has not been selected" and you obviously don't want to listen to the very relevant remarks made by several people. Sorry but, as is, you pic sucks for a microstock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all - relevant remarks made by several people - the only one except form you - so year - and he dont know if you are reading - other then they dont take b/w pictures...??? That dont look like at technical error .... And you very not nice way to talk to me - tells me that you are a young one with out any thing in you back - to tell anyone - anything about a picture - so please get out of my face tanke you... stupid boy !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm 55 yo, I'm a professional photographer and I have more than 170 photos on another international image bank. Don't you feel a bit stupid now ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Dear - I know who you are - but you are talking like a teen - that my point. You do among other things call my picture a microstock - why I dont know, you dont se it selektive colour pic. and not a B/W... etc... And you way to communicate is very bad. Thats why i reply you this way...I myself is a Photographer - with several years background...and do use other image banks to, so - and still it dont give me a answer on why they call this Technical error... IF its because it have no appeal (I really dont think so) or IF its because it b/w with color (and then why cause I see others made this way) - then it will give a meaning they told me that - It quite easier then saying Technical error - I do also know that the picture here is a little one - not the original pic - but that is the limit to upload pic in this forum.

And If any one should feel stupid - it definitely you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, give us the link to your profesional photographer website and the links to each of your portfolios on other microstocks. Of course I will send you and e-mail from your website to verify it's really yours.

For me it's easy : the link to my website in my profile. On my site, you click on "banques d'images d'illustration" and then you click on the first banner to see my biggest portfolio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

???? I really dont know what that have to do with my Technial Error - and questions in this forum - do you ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry, but if you have sold that photo elsewhere then that says a lot about your customers i am sure there are many here who would like customers to be that undiscriminating. Put simply, it is not a good photo either artistically or for stock. I happen to have had considerable experience in judging photo competitions and your photo would not rate very well. If you would like me to tell you in my opinion, the problems with the photo let me know but I detect your are not interested in constructive critique.

But never forget that opinion of a photo is very subjective. As long as you like your photos that is all that is important but we don't have to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And for you information it's not af microstock !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your picture sucks, it has no appeal and to use your Nikons inbuilt black and white feature is a technical issue in its self.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Joshua the technical issues means - my picture sucks ??? I really dont like the langue in this forum. The appeal I think can be discuss - and the inbuilt black/and white, I can tell you are gray scale because it NOT Black and white if you are looking closely - its with selective colour... look at the eyes... I have been looking in the stock photos - and I do see few other pictures with that tecnich - You dont need to answer here - cause I dont talk to people who can't talk proper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines