• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical Error

Explorer ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had a run of rejections lately.  I understand too much grain or noise and exposure.  This picture might be too dark.  I don't understand what technical error means.  Am I the only one who finds many of the critiques a little vague.  I get that they are looking at thousands of images and they probably can't be too precise.  I am not whining.  First Parish Church.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

The technical error rejection might seem vague if you did not look at this photo at 100% magnification and see if there are any blurred or exposure problems. I see that it is dark and think it would be better with a bit more light. However, I must ask, did you go to the Adobe guide for beginner contributors guide to read about what might get you this rejection. You will have much better results if you do all the checks before you submit any of your photos. Here is a link for you to help make goo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The technical error rejection might seem vague if you did not look at this photo at 100% magnification and see if there are any blurred or exposure problems. I see that it is dark and think it would be better with a bit more light. However, I must ask, did you go to the Adobe guide for beginner contributors guide to read about what might get you this rejection. You will have much better results if you do all the checks before you submit any of your photos. Here is a link for you to help make good pictures better. Regards, JH

For  you to be able to achieve better image results and get offerings accepted into Adobe Stock go to   https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Rejection because of technical problems and their basis you can read here:

Quality and technical issues rejected at Adobe Stock

In this sense, I think the following aspects are decisive for the rejection:

Contrast: Far too high

Saturation: Way too strong

Composition: The steeple is crooked and not completely in the picture

Considering that not all of the possible reasons for rejection are always given by the selectors, I think there are more possible reasons for rejection here. Exposure is incorrect, there are too large areas in the image that are underexposed / overexposed. The image is totally oversharpened and here you can see massive image noise. Artifacts can also be seen massively in the picture.

Here you have clearly overdone it in image processing and I advise to inform yourself in the net about non-destructive image processing.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also think the picture is a bit too dark and the contrast is rather too strong. You should be aware of this if you take pictures in the middle of the day ( it looks around the middle of the day) as this produces strong highlights and deep shadows. So, you need to tone down the overall look of the picture. I also think that missing the top of the steeple could well be a problem and rejected because of this. Composition is part of the technical rejection reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What has happened to the bricks in the middle of the image ... they are all blurred out ..?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines