• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical Issues: does not make any sense, where is the logic?

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the last weeks I created a whole alphabet set including letters, numbers and extras as individual photo files. All wre done in InDesign using photos of used color pencils laid out into letter forms. All files were converted into jpgs and uploaded in 2 batches with a few days time difference, 42 images altogether.

All were accepted without problems. Now I compiled eight extra letterforms, alternatives to those uploaded before. I used the same InDesign method, technique and elements — no difference to the first batches. All eight of this third submission batch were rejected for technical issues now. Where is the logic? It doesn’t make any sense. See the example below, the first W is okay and accepted, the second rejected for technical issues.

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are correct. Both should have been refused for technical issues. Looking at the pencils at 100% you will see small defect that make the picture unacceptable. I've checked both files, hoth have the same defect:

Abambo_1-1596833444371.png

The cut-outs show aliasing.  also, the yellow-orange colour is washed-up.  Subtle, but you see it. Also, the light isn't consistent. Sometimes it's coming from the left, then from the right...

As the vetting is done by humans and some are more consequential than others, sometimes pictures pass and sometimes they get rejected. You can even delete an excepted a file, sold multiple times, and resubmit it and it may be rejected. That's because it's human moderation. You are presenting nearly perfect pictures and sometimes the moderator sees the flaws and sometimes he does not. That's the human factor...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines