Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical issues or image quality

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to everyone.

I am a new contributor and tried uploading my first image which isn't a photo but a 3D render, my image was rejected. I believe it has to do with image quality, however in the e-mail I received it talked about image quality and in the page it talked about technical issues. Because this is really poorly explained I, as a contributor didn't clearly understand the issue which can be very irritating, still, I understand that with many images being uploaded all the time might be difficult to answer to everyone and so formatted texts and answers are the solution. At first I simply thought I'd give up due to the lack of information but before that it would be nice to have at least some sort of explanation. Can you help me understand why this image has been rejected?

I tried to insert the image, no luck, so here's the link: https://www.deviantart.com/v-multi/art/Argentinosaurus-herd-walking-in-the-desert-832744763

Remember the image is much smaller than the original so you will see artifacts when there's none.

Some aspects about the image:

- It's a 3D render with an HDRI background. After the rendering there was some image editing.

- I realized after uploading the image that the resolution was 72 dpi because it was a render from blender (and those were the default settings which I forgot to change). Usually I work with 300 dpi images.

- Original dimensions are: 7000 x 3500 px

Some personal opinions (please watch the image and form your own opinions before reading mine so you won't be unconsciously influenced):

Pros:

- The composition of the image as well as the angle, contrast and "temperature" seems good enough in my opinion.

- The size of the image also seems good enough (7000 x 3500 px isn't too small nor too big).

- Even though there are a lot of images like this out there I would honestly see this one being used in websites, books or magazines. Hipotetically speaking of course, I know it's always hard to sell even one image.

- Overall the entire scene seems pretty interesting to me (but then again I might be overstimating it)

Cons:

- There's clearly a difference between what is 3D and what is photo. If the 3D model was better and more realistic the gap between photography and 3D would be smaller and thus the image would be much better, I know that, I am improving...

- The photo itself is probably not sharp enough (especially the part with the sand closer), once again it's an HDRI and even if it's a good one, it lost some quality in the render.

- There might be some artifacts in the sky, but it's barely visible and only after zooming about 110% in the original file can one actually see it.

Overall I really thought the quality was good enough, but aparently I was wrong. I can slitly improve the image like clearing those artifacts in the sky, sharping a little bit the sand but not that much. As for the 3D, right now it's difficult to improve it.

So.... Can you help improve my art pleasy? 😄

What did I do wrong? 

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi V-Multi,

I love the image. I believe it is a bit too cool. The sun is hot. Let it show in the image. Add some warmth.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines