Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could be the nice counter-light giving unfortunately the impression of a bad cut-out.

I would do some minor corrections and then resubmit. But wait for others to examine your picture first. Especially ricky336 has a good eye for defects.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Abambo for an answer . I would really value feedback on why the attached photo was rejected. I would love to correct any technical issues if possible. Can you show me the way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I’m not so much into technical problems. I like the colors in this image, but I still think one of the reasons it was rejected is due to oversaturation. In my view a huge problem with this image is a very poor composition. There’s too much going on and the main subjec - the bird - lies in shadows. The background should be darker or even blurred when shooting and the bird should be lighted significantly up. Imo. But I don’t know whether this is included in the rejection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my iPad it does not look oversaturated, but the iPad is not exactly a colour reference. But oversaturation consuidert as a technical problem as you can read here: Quality and technical issues rejected at Adobe Stock .

But I still stay with my first impression of a bad cut-out. If you are moving on fast with moderation, you can get the bad-cutout-impression.

3598371F-4792-4261-BF04-3518CACBF23F.jpeg

There is some kind of halo (arrows) in the blue bg I would correct those and may be also the birds feathers-bg transition.

There could be exposure problems in the picture, but they are called out specifically. And as the bird could have some lightning, I do not feel this as the major problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you oleschwander, Abambo  that's really helpful feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello levan,

Nice picture of one of my favourite birds and trees - a waxeye on a bottle brush, isn't it?

The problem here I believe is your white balance. It's too warm/yellow, - so you need to bring down the colour temp - add more blue - and add a bit more green in the tint slider. This will bring out the more yellow-green of this bird as well as increase the green of the leaves of the tree.

EG

white _balance.jpg

It doesn't look like a cut-out to me, the area pointed out by Abambo, is the bird's feathers, isn't it?

In my opinion, also, I don't think your composition is bad. On the contrary, I think it is well balanced.

You could also increase the red just a bit in the hue saturation slider to bring out the red flowers. (If you have Photoshop/Lightroom and I hope you work with a raw file.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the great tips! Thank you ricky336 for show me the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adjust your white balance and resubmit without further edits.

however, I stand by my assumption, that a overzealous moderator could dismiss the picture because he sees a bad cutout.

I think that the white balance is a subtle correction and would not end in a refusal for this picture.

The composition also is excellent. The bird could get more light, but this also is not that critical in this case and finally is a matter of taste. And  when I can assert one thing: moderators do err sometimes, but they do not bring in their personal taste or some of my pictures would never be accepted.

The only time when they moderate on non measurable criteria is when they tell you that the picture has no commercial appeal for Adobe stock. That will be the case when you are sending in a picture that is like that multiple times in the stock database — flowers, sunsets, pets just to name those.

That does not mean that it is impossible to get sunsets or flowers or pets accepted. And that does not mean that they do no sell. It’s just that there is a saturated market for those and that your image should be special...

I have some of my dog and cat pictures and sunset pictures and plant pictures in stock and they sell. Not exceptionally well, but from time to time there is a buyer for those. And as I have the pictures ready, I see no reason not to try to enter them into the database.

And just to say: My most bestselling picture in numbers (wine grapes) has been refused on Adobe stock. So don’t let you discourage from a refusal. It does not necessarily mean that the picture is bad. It just does not fit the criteria of Adobe stock.

I say: bestelling in numbers because my bestelling picture in value is on Adobe stock. Because even when the numbers may be lower here, the reward is better. I prefer it that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Abambo.

I'm not good at English to say what I want to say.

I joined Adobe with the main purpose of improving the skills of working with photos.

I want to sell photos but I haven't sold any photos so far.

I will remake the image the way you commented and resubmit

Hope to have good results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi levanv

Your composition is fine. I like it. That which shouts at me as a flaw is the white halo around the fruits and stem. The leaves to the bottom of the left stem are blown out with light. Whenever you have any part of your images blown out with light, that's a sure technical issue rejection. As Abambo said the other adjustments are subtle and would not have caused a technical issue rejection. I'm not sure if adjusting light and highlights will do any justice.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you jacquelingphoto2017jacquelingphoto2017 for the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Levan,

I disagree with Abambo in that the moderator was overzealous.

'...however, I stand by my assumption, that a overzealous moderator could dismiss the picture because he sees a bad cutout.'

I do not see how a moderator could see this as a bad cut-out. I believe they know what they are doing and what they are looking for. (Most of the time.)

'I think that the white balance is a subtle correction and would not end in a refusal for this picture.'

I definitely think your white balance is a rejection reason.

Even though it may be a small correction, a correction is needed nevertheless - especially for Adobe Stock.

The highlights on the bird's foot and the highlights on the leaves I don't think is significant.

You will get varying opinions on this forum and it's a good thing!!

I pay particular attention to colour and so generally, I notice things like white balance.

From Adobe:

Technical issues  

When we reject a file based on technical issues, we have identified technical flaws other than focus, exposure, or artifacts, which we call out specifically.    

White balance: The white balance may be too warm or too cool.

Therefore your picture is too warm!

Keep posting your images here - you will learn something!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ricky336  wrote

I do not see how a moderator could see this as a bad cut-out. I believe they know what they are doing and what they are looking for. (Most of the time.)

most of the time...

We've seen cases where the moderator made errors...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you ricky336,Abambo,jacquelingphoto2017,oleschwander.

Hello LeVan, your file has been approved for sale
Please allow up to 24 hours to see your file online

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you could correct it. You can see what difference it makes when you get the colour balance right!

Happy to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have adjusted, resubmi1.jpgt. Photo has been accepted. Thank you for all your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

levanv49657413, Hooray! I love this photo. Glad you saved it. Thanks to the helpful ACP experts too. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your interest. The help of experts is really helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines