• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical Issues

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've recently uploaded some images of a parking lot but Adobe Stock rejected me all of them apealing that they have technical issues but with out details about it.. I asked via email for further information and they sent me here to post in this forum (it seems they can't answer a simple question). So, here I am, uploading some of the images they rejected to see if you can help me out with this... I'm new at this so I would really appreciate some help!

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Hello,

This forum is where you can ask for advice. But this is a user to user forum, so you get advice from other users like yourself.

However, you can get good advice here.

Regarding your photos, well they are rather underexposed, and you also may have property release issues. You may need a release for these photos as you took them in a car park as well as the cars themselves. This can often cause problems.

Also, I think that 'Aesthetic appeal' may be a rejection reason as well.

Have a read of

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Nico, Upon a quick review I see blur, underexposure, noise and lack of detail in the shadows. In a dark garage, you probably would have had to put your camera on a tripod and take some fairly long exposures, at low ISO, perhaps bracketed images then combined in HDR, to get a good overall exposure. Keep in mind that the moderators spend a very short amount of time on each image, and they select the most obvious reason for rejection; which, most often in my experience, is "technical issues". Since

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

OP = Original Post (you).

1. Put yourself in the customer's shoes. Compare your work with what is already represented in the Adobe Stock database.  

2. Examine images at 100-200% magnification.  That's when the problems begin to show.

3. Unfortunately, I don't have time to download and critique 9 images, sorry.  That's too many for one post.

Image #1 has bad subject lighting. The well-lit background is out of focus.  So among other things, there are depth-of-field issues which cannot be salv

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Many great photographers hit a problem with making Stock - the buyers are not looking for art, and see only faults. [Even if some of the end users might like art, we see many customers with no understanding who see a fault and complain - Adobe's reputation suffers so they will not handle this kind of art]. It is a different discipline for the artist to make perfectly crafted work. It's important to still try to tell a story with the perfect picture, that (in my view) is what makes a really speci

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This forum is where you can ask for advice. But this is a user to user forum, so you get advice from other users like yourself.

However, you can get good advice here.

Regarding your photos, well they are rather underexposed, and you also may have property release issues. You may need a release for these photos as you took them in a car park as well as the cars themselves. This can often cause problems.

Also, I think that 'Aesthetic appeal' may be a rejection reason as well.

Have a read of this. It's a brief guide on image quality:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thank you for your time! I understand your points.. underexposed could be the reason, but the cars shouldnt be a problem since I erased all the ID numbers. Anyway, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"the cars shouldnt be a problem since I erased all the ID numbers."

This is not enough. If the car MAKER or MODEL can be guessed, then the car maker could sue if it was used in an advert. Pictures of recognisable made objects of any kind, less than 100 years old, will not be accepted by Adobe. Adobe rules go further than the law, in some cases, but they make the rules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cars are not a problem in your case. They are, if you specifically take a picture of a car and the model and make is clearly visible, like the BMW kidney (https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW-Niere), just to name this. However, the appreciation of the moderator is fluent. If he thinks it's too much of IP shown, you'll get a refusal...

The real reason for your refusal, however, are the bad exposure and the lack of aesthetic appeal in your pictures. Photography, like all skills, has a learning curve and as suggested, you should consume some photography courses or buy a good book on photography or adhere to a photography club.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Adobe too. I have been photographing for a little over a year. I accept 40% and I am satisfied. You need to take photography courses from an experienced photographer, even on the Internet. This is not as easy as it seems. Even after training, I have many failures. But it's too early for you to ask for criticism here if you don't see any flaws in such pictures. Don't be offended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!! You really think that your answer helps??... OMG man... you could AT LEAST said what the flaws are, right?... By the way, the fact that I'm new to Adobe Stock, doesn't mean I don't know how to shoot... you should know if you really are a Photographer honestly... So tell me something, if i'm that bad, how is it possible I sold my first picture in less than a week?... I guess you are the kind of person that says "begginers luck", right?. If you're not gonna help, then please don't even botter to post here. Don't be offended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Nico Galiano, @Stas5E2B,

We stay friendly here.

The one who asks for advice, will get advice here. Even if the flaws are obvious, as they are in most of the cases presented here, they are not for the OP.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I don't know what "OP" means, English is not my primary language... Aside that, thank you for the links.
About the friendly matter, does it sounds friendly when someone insted of help tells you "you are not ready for this at the moment"? I'm sorry Abambo, but to me that is what's called a negative comment... it's just not adding anything... Instead of all the words the user used, he/she could just said "I think it's underexposed" or something like that. I mean, there're ways to say things, right? Anyways, I get your point, I'm sorry and thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry, I don't know what "OP" means, English is not my primary language... Aside that, thank you for the links.

By @Nico Galiano

OP = original poster, here in this case it's you. But I meant to be general so any original poster seeking help...

@Stas5E2B is not a native English speaker, nor am I. Stas tried to give good advice, but it was badly formulated.

No one needs to be offended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nico, Upon a quick review I see blur, underexposure, noise and lack of detail in the shadows. In a dark garage, you probably would have had to put your camera on a tripod and take some fairly long exposures, at low ISO, perhaps bracketed images then combined in HDR, to get a good overall exposure. Keep in mind that the moderators spend a very short amount of time on each image, and they select the most obvious reason for rejection; which, most often in my experience, is "technical issues". Since there can be many different technical issues, they do not elaborate and, indeed, it is not their job to help us become better photographers. This forum is a useful place to obtain further detail. I suggest that you select the BUY button on Adobe Stock main menu and query "parking garage" to see the quality and composition of the images that have been selected.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jill, thank you for your comment! As a matter of fact, most of the thing you say were intentionally (except for noise), as I was trying to give a subjective meaning to my images. Now I know Adobe isn't looking for that. 

Thank you again, have a good one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! BTW... I did a research as a buyer before I submitted my images and I saw some pictures similar to mine (high contrast) in the gallery... so honestly that puzzles me... But I guess I have to get a better look next time. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OP = Original Post (you).

1. Put yourself in the customer's shoes. Compare your work with what is already represented in the Adobe Stock database.  

2. Examine images at 100-200% magnification.  That's when the problems begin to show.

3. Unfortunately, I don't have time to download and critique 9 images, sorry.  That's too many for one post.

Image #1 has bad subject lighting. The well-lit background is out of focus.  So among other things, there are depth-of-field issues which cannot be salvaged in post production. 

Don't be discouraged.  Keep working at it.  And better luck next time.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Nancy, thank you very much! I can see the things you mentioned and in fact, they are like that on purpose, I mean, I was looking for that contrast... The focus was planned too.. What I didn't know, is that Adobe isn't looking for images with objective intentions, that's my bad. 

I appreciate taking time for me, greetings! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many great photographers hit a problem with making Stock - the buyers are not looking for art, and see only faults. [Even if some of the end users might like art, we see many customers with no understanding who see a fault and complain - Adobe's reputation suffers so they will not handle this kind of art]. It is a different discipline for the artist to make perfectly crafted work. It's important to still try to tell a story with the perfect picture, that (in my view) is what makes a really special image, built on world class commercial technique.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines