Copied

Had several floral photos rejected, please advise many thanks-Joy

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JOY98A6 Here's what I see and hopefully others will give you some input as well. Black and white images are rarely accepted as the user can convert themselves if needed. When zoomed to around 120 percent, you'll see how you've lost sharpness at the center of the images. Your Tamron Di Macro lens should be producing better results. Are these handheld shots? Are you exceeding the limits? (From an online review of that lens: If you are shooting at macro subject distances, you will most likely be using very small apertures to gain all the DOF (Depth of Field) you can get. Here, diffraction is going to be the biggest enemy. Images become soft beyond f/16 or so.) I also see several sensor or lens spots scattered about. Those you can fix in post or be sure everything is cleaned before shooting.

In a non-technical area of critique, on the peony shot, the center front leaf has been cropped out so anyone wanting to use the flower as an element in another illustration would be limited and have to deal with that severely cutoff edge. I do like the colors and lighting in this photo and the rhody bud, though. Very pretty. Extreme top down views are hard for me to appreciate, personally, so I'm not a good judge of your last shot. A vertigo or claustrophobia issue, I imagine, lol. I hope this is helpful. Keep shooting and learning!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Zoom in to 100% on EVERY image before uploading to confirm focus and look for flaws. Had you done so on these images you would be able to detect that the focus is simply too soft. Also, as mentioned earlier, black and white treatment and other special artistic color treatments are not desirable/acceptable for stock photos. In general, flowers are over-represented in Adobe Stock. In order for yours to be accepted, or ever sold, they would have to be perfectly focused, lit, composed and processed.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines