• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical problems

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uploaded some images and they were all rejected due to technical problems. If someone could help me find out what problems are please ... thank you

I attach some examples

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

4: Composition and white balance (picture is too cool). I would also photoshop the highlights out.

3: Composition — the white chocolate should be in focus, I would even tend that all chocolate needs to be in focus. In addition, the white chocolate should not be cut off at the edge.

Abambo_0-1627303175667.png

10. Nice composition. The nut in the foreground could get less exposure. I suppose also here is the white balance off. It's not easy for a camera to get the correct colour with such a blue cloth and blue light reflec

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4: Composition and white balance (picture is too cool). I would also photoshop the highlights out.

3: Composition — the white chocolate should be in focus, I would even tend that all chocolate needs to be in focus. In addition, the white chocolate should not be cut off at the edge.

Abambo_0-1627303175667.png

10. Nice composition. The nut in the foreground could get less exposure. I suppose also here is the white balance off. It's not easy for a camera to get the correct colour with such a blue cloth and blue light reflecting everywhere.

6. You have an underexposure of the darker chocolate and over exposure of the white one. Furthermore, the white chocolate looks a bit unappetizing and also the darker ones show traces of wear.

I suppose that the moderator was quite stringent for most of your pictures because of the quality of the competition.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, your comments help me a lot, I will take them into account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. I suggest also that you look at others portfolio for chocolate pictures. (I'm getting hungry...)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the first image, the out of focus components in the foreground are distracting. I think we're trained to expect items in the foreground to be in focus, while items in the background can fall off in focus somewhat. I can't discern what the orange pottery is or why it's there - a pot? a cup? a mug? The frame should have been composed so that the item can be detected and its function can be understood. While it's not actually a "technical issue" I would have preferred to see some of the nicks and cuts in the chocolate in all the images cleaned up. Also, the shiny blue cloth doesn't lend an organic feel to the image as the other items in the composition do. It seems rather jarring and out of place, though this is more of an aesthetic issue than a technical issue.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your advice helps me a lot, I will take them into account and apply them to my future photographs, thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines