• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

These photos was rejected for technical issues, but other shots were accepted that was from the same shoot can you help me understand where i went wrong

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People in silhouette at sunrise-3.jpgPeople in silhouette at sunrise-5.jpg,some from the Downtown through the bridge.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

I personally think rather white balance and exposure which is a problem in all of them apart from the sharpening. And in the 2nd photo exposure could be a problem as well because of the sun being burnt out.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It looks like that you used special effect filters to get this effect. It seems that Adobe do not like contributors to use special effect filters, as the buyer can alter the image to their needs and if there is an effect filter applied, they cannot change the image easily. So, it is best to keep more natural colours.

Here, at first glance your white balance is out of whack. Also, it just may be that in your 2nd sunset shot the sun is too burnt out so, the moderator may have been thinking about these things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No filter was used, settings-F/18-1/500 IS0 200 for the silhouette shots,  i did have to bring my highlights and whites all the way down to get the sun light down from over taking the scene, what gets me is that other shots from that same shoot before and after those , were accepted with all the same settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By using filters I mean in post processing - because the sky in the bridge shot is uneven in lighting as if you used the graduate filter:

Downtown+through+the+bridge_unevenlighting.jpg

and your colours are off in the sunset shots and the bridge shot - hence your white balance problem. As far as the halos are concerned, it means that you oversharpened your pictures - and I think they look rather oversharpened. It can be seen on the edge of the cliff as well.

People+in+silhouette+at+sunrise halos3.jpg

Perhaps your settings for WB on your camera were set wrong.

I think your contrast is also rather high.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the sky the sun was high and it was cloudy in the city that day , my WB was on auto no contrast was added but on the sky i did try to dem it down with a graduated filter ,thank you input really help i think i see where my fixes are but I wish they would point out the reasons, would make it a lot easier .On the rocks thats the sun highlighting the edge at 1:1 you can see that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more question , would you say in the second photo submitted that the noise is the rejection reason or something else

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I personally think rather white balance and exposure which is a problem in all of them apart from the sharpening. And in the 2nd photo exposure could be a problem as well because of the sun being burnt out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the high contrast borders. You will see a strange halo. That's a major fault.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must of missed the halo problem can you point it out for me, there was no contrast added in processing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the shots of the people in silhouette and the rocks the sun crated a shine on the right side , viewing at 1:1 you can see that even if you go to a 3:1 view but its not on the left side and my sharpen is very moderate ,you don't think that the halo effect from sharpen tool would be all through out the scene ,I wish they would point out there reasons ,thank you very much for your input really helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi larydc40, You have received answers from two of our best forum members. It will serve you well to also research the information about this type of rejection in the Adobe Guidelines for Stock Contributors. Also, along the upper right side of this email exchange are MORE LIKE THIS information quotes specific to rejections for technical issues. There is so much to learn and so many places to research you will no doubt succeed in the very competitive market if you thoroughly inform yourself. "To learn more about the type of content we're looking for, please visit this page: https://www.adobe.com/go/stock-contributor-help"

Best regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Than you for the info, I was really trying to find where my mistake were in these photos to improve my technique ,some photos were accepted and these weren't so with some pinpointing my errors I can improve hopefully

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines