• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This says it all...

Contributor ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

about being a photographer in 2018. This 99 cents is really going to make this month easier 😉

Seriously, can I see what the actual sale price was? To whom? What resolution it was? Any other info about the sale at all?

Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 5.55.20 PM.jpg

Steve Gandy
Photographer - Instructor
stevegandy.com
TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

That is a very common commission amount. The commission you receive is 33% of the price paid by the customer. The price paid varies based on the number of images the customer commits to buy. In this case, they likely purchased a 10 download per month subscription with a one year commitment at $29.99 per month. That is a net cost of $2.99 per image so the 33% commission is .99.

I recognize if you are getting started, the sub-dollar commissions can be off putting. The way contributors make signific

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a very common commission amount. The commission you receive is 33% of the price paid by the customer. The price paid varies based on the number of images the customer commits to buy. In this case, they likely purchased a 10 download per month subscription with a one year commitment at $29.99 per month. That is a net cost of $2.99 per image so the 33% commission is .99.

I recognize if you are getting started, the sub-dollar commissions can be off putting. The way contributors make significant income through micro stock is with volume. You might see one of those 99 cent commissions today, upload a few more images and you may see a few each day. As your portfolio grows, the number of sales increase and at some point you stop noticing the individual sales and measure your success on how much money you are depositing into your bank account each month.

More specific details on the commission structure can be found here: tagproducts_SG_STOCK-CONTRIBUTOR_i18nKeyHelppagetitle

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MatHayward,

I am so happy you answered this question. It is useful to me as a contributor and it is useful for the forum. We get lots of questions about prices of stock and payment to contributors. I will use your post as a quote doing my ACP work. Kind regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. Good to know. Obviously, not the venue for my work.

Steve Gandy
stevegandy.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW! Great photo and it is B & W and was accepted and sold. Congrats. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Joan.

Steve Gandy
stevegandy.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not hand out information on the buyer as it does not hand out your information.

You need a lot of pictures to make regularly sales and you need to do volume. You need several thousand pictures to get a decent pay out. The good thing is that your old stuff generates revenues without you having to do anything.

My lowest commission was 0.18€ my highest 2.37. I do not (yet) drive a Ferrari.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Abambo,

I'd be happy to have my info handed out, FTR.

I don't have thousands of images I would put here. Not my venue, I guess.

Steve Gandy
stevegandy.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines