• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Understanding Illustrative Editorial

Participant ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes I think I understand Illustrative Editorial, other times I'm baffled.

I have many that are similar to the one below that was accepted, and has sold.

How is the one that was rejected different from it? Rejection reason was "does not meet the Adobe Stock’s Illustrative Editorial Guidelines"
thank you

Accepted for editorialAccepted for editorialrejected reason: not illustrative editorialrejected reason: not illustrative editorial

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I observe Adobe write "At Adobe Stock, we consider Illustrative Editorial to be content intended to illustrate articles on current events and newsworthy topics focused on conceptual imagery using real brands and products to convey strong ideas. We want photos and illustrations of branded products that help tell a story. Images may include a sign on a building, a soda can, computers, automobiles, or just about any product you see in the world today. Illustrative Editorial content is made available to Adobe Stock customers for editorial use only." I'm not sure either one helps to tell a story, maybe the one on the left was accepted in error. I know some people focus on editorial simply to avoid the hassle of getting releases, but that doesn't seem to be Adobe's idea. Also, it does limit potential sales considerably.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked your account and see that file was approved  yesterday and is already online. 

-Mat 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's some more: Some of these were accepted, some rejected. All are prominent builings or iconic symbols of the Universities they represent.

IMG_1058_University Kansas 201001_3000Lpx.jpgIMG_1086_University Kansas 201001_3000Lpx.jpgIMG_1351_La Tech 201010_3000Lpx.jpgIMG_2125_UNC Campus 201021_3000Lpx.jpgIMG_2208_UNC Campus 201022_3000Lpx.jpgIMG_2234_UNC Campus 201023_3000Lpx.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines