Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

using trademarked names as keywords?

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey everybody,

I'm very new here as a contributor. I have just started to analyse the Adobe Stock market to find inspiration and maybe even niches.

But something confused me a bit. I read this in the starting guide:

"Do not use trademarked names (ex. Porsche, iPad, Ferrari), camera specifications (ex. Nikon, 12MP), or type of content (ex. Vector, illustration) as keywords."

But I could search for something like "iPad" and then many pictures with an iPad in it appear using the keyword "ipad".

So now I'm just a bit confused wether i can use it or not. Is it just that it's not taken so seriously anymore or is it just about writing "ipad" instead of "iPad"?

Thanks for your help

Greetings from Switzerland

Josh

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Don't write ipad or iPad in your keywords.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been researching a bit more and it makes more sense to me now. It's actually pretty obvious, that it's about writing "ipad" instead of "iPad".

so if you have any interesting comment about it, would be nice to hear.

But the question is answered

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't write ipad or iPad in your keywords.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MatHayward

ok, so it's more a suggestion of Adobe so that in this case Apple wouldn't come upon me. Cause it's illegal to use these names.

But Adobe doesn't filter the pictures that have such keywords cause it's the uploader's risk, right/responsibility?

Sorry that I'm making such a big thing out of it. It's just that I imagine it really hard to compete against pictures that are using these keywords when I'm not using them myself.

Don't worry I'm not gonna use them, I just wanna do my work correctly here. So I'm trying to understand this and learn. So that I can get the most out of this within the legal boundaries.

Thank you!

-Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines