• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

vector art rejected due to technical isuue

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My vector art got rejected due to some technical issue please tell me the reason for rejection...

sad girl.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Hello,

I think it probably has to do more with your colouring and edges.

If you look closely, perhaps this is a problem:

sad girl_ technical.jpg

You've coloured outside the black line/border, and lines are a bit jagged. Shouldn't they be smooth? I don't think the black is a problem, nor the blurred trees, as this is a concept and an illustration.

By the way, you uploaded as a vector and not a JPG right? Raster images don't scale well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexsavi,

This is a nice artwork. My concern is the black areas without details. I do not think that will do well if printed. Also I am not sure about the blur effect you add. That could be a problem. My eyes were drawn to the blur tree first, which is not good. In reality, an object of that proximity is not blurred. Also you have dark blurred grass in the forefront of a clearly lit subject, and a dark sharp subject. I am not understanding if this is depicting day or night. The grass area appears to be night, but the girl appears to be day. If it is night, where is the light source? If it is coming from front, the grass should be better lit.  

Also check your work against the information at https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/vector-requirements.html and https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/submit-sell-vector-art.html to see if you have missed any details.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this illustration the girl is actally in her dark dreams where only the girl is in color and rest all are desatutared. The darkness reffers to her scared part of mind which is infront of her that she is afraid to see. Behind her there tress and mountains goes even much lighter which represents that she pleasent dreams fades with time. The tree and grass which is not blured is acutally her present situation and the blured tree and grass is yet to come on her way. Here i had knowingly placed the colors and blurness which represents what she feels and thoughts inside her. 

Does the alteration of real concepts in color and focal range effects in the rejection of iluutaration ?

Thank you soo much for your valuble time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are trying to convey depression? Its a bit difficult for me to understand what the illustration is saying.

Maybe some reworking is in order. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, even the depressed mind in other words. It actually an illustration of her mind which is filled with negative and darkness. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexsavi,

That explanation sounds as though you are targeting print market - pictures to hang on walls. In this case it is important that details are visible. Dark grey might be better than dead black. Details need to be visible in print to convey whatever story the buyer sees in your picture. Each buyer will see a different story. Try printing a copy to make sure it comes out well.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try re-uploading with these details. I hope it will come out good.

Thank you, Jacqueline ma'am

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I think it probably has to do more with your colouring and edges.

If you look closely, perhaps this is a problem:

sad girl_ technical.jpg

You've coloured outside the black line/border, and lines are a bit jagged. Shouldn't they be smooth? I don't think the black is a problem, nor the blurred trees, as this is a concept and an illustration.

By the way, you uploaded as a vector and not a JPG right? Raster images don't scale well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this may be the main reason. I will make it more detailed and try re-uploading.

Thank you, Ricky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines