• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vector Uploads Temporarily Disabled

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, We have temporarily disabled all vector uploads at both Fotolia and Adobe Stock for maintenance. We will resume uploads as soon as possible and will update in this forum post when that happens. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Thank you for your patience everyone. I am pleased to inform you that vector uploads are back up and running.

kind regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Vector uploads have been restored.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

All should be ok again. Vector uploads have been restored.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is not a technical issue but a "delimitation" decision and this "temporary condition" can take longer than we thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I thought too - but wouldn't it be easier for Adobe not to accept so many vectors instead of confusing and scaring the contributors away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vector uploads are disabled and they are for some reason unknown to all of us except Adobe. All the rest is speculation. The first really interesting question was the one regarding the CC give away for 300+ contributions.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could just ignore that, but the lack of communication is really disappointing and in my opinion not fair to the contributors who focus on illustrations and vector art. Actually I didn't see a "delimitation decision" or something similar. But if that was the case - again - no proactive communication is inappropriate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangely enough, I friend of mine in Canada was able to upload a vector.

[She currently stopped working, so I asked her to do this as a test last night.]

What is going on??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what a delimitation decision is, but I‘m sure Adobe would like generating income with vector art uploaded from you. It is unfortunatly such that uploading vector art has been disabled and that there must be a good reason for doing so. As Adobe makes no further comment on this, there must also be a good reason for that. We are all waiting forr the upload get functional again. In the meantime you can continue creating content and uploading all as soon as the functionality is established again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever the “good reason“ is, we should be told about it.

And how some people can upload while some can not?!

It is completely unacceptable the lack of communication/transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aniko_gerendi@yahoo.com  wrote

Whatever the “good reason“ is, we should be told about it.

I‘m sorry to disagree. It is at Adobe‘s sole discretion to decide what, how and when to communicate. If you look carefully into Mat‘s post, you can read out that he cannot tell more than he did.

I do not know if some people can upload. There is only one message from one user, saying that he knows someone. I do not question this, but as long as I do not have proof of it, I simply suppose that this user thought she could upload data. If it was successful, I have no idea.

There may be also different explanations of that: A problem with the web site, a temporary opening for a test, ...

Adobe will communicate as soon as there is a change. For now, the credo is that vector uploads are temporarily disabled and that there is no more information. It‘s not that difficult to understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abambo,

You say "For now, the credo is that vector uploads are temporarily disabled" but I saw that there were more than 49,700 accepted vector for a week. (information visible on Fotolia)...

Thank you in advance for your opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree. The issue isn't that the site needs maintenance, it's the lack of ongoing communication from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that it may have something to do with the initiative to sync Fotolia and Adobe Stock accounts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Hungary:

Képkivágás.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you really did submit vectors, not photos????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ofc, I did! I am a vector artist!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This banner usually shows up when the zip doesn't include either file or empty.
But in this situation I cannot tell what the problem is...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mat,

Can you explain to us why certain contributors manage to upload vectors and have them validated? For example, this French contributor who has more than 10 vectors accepted since August 23rd. Here are some references: 221670500, 221010519, 220688338, ... There are many other examples from another country in the "new files" link on the Fotolia page. Thank you in advance for understanding our discomfort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I registered in fotolia for 4 years, I do not know what is happening after the beginning of this announcement I sent some articles all vectors and I indicated that all were accepted (all the emails arrived) but, when I reviewed my portfolio they only accepted 6-7 approximately of those that send vectors and others appear to me as accepted but do not appear in my portfolio.

If this problem is solved, will I have to send back those that do not appear in my portfolio but are accepted? Or the system will only put them in my portfolio?

I think we have the right to know if there is a serious problem or some data, I hope that when we receive the answer it will not be too late.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to indicate that I sent my vectors on September 2 and this announcement was published on August 22. I made the shipment because I had not seen the ad in fotolia (I send via fotolia commonly) and therefore I accepted 7 vectors for example. 219744277 and 219745528 ID's for some of my files if accepted. But the others did not accept them, I sent 28 if I remember correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Effectivement l'envoi des fichiers .ai ne fonctionne pas pour le moment néanmoins il reste les .SVG qui fonctionne très bien.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sauf erreur de ma part, le format .svg n'est pas autorisé.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the File specifications says that :

• AI and EPS formats only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your patience everyone. I am pleased to inform you that vector uploads are back up and running.

kind regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MatHayward​

Great that we can uploat! even though the message still appears on the adobe stock page, now I have a question, in my account of contributor via fotolia I am shown in the panel 1084 accepted files and I got mail indicating that. But in my fotolia portfolio too, I only appear accepted 1073, my account ID is 204118322. Can you tell me where I can communicate to solve my problem? or do I have to re-raise? or can you help me? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the "contact us" at the page footer of your contributor screen:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines