• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video technical issues -- how picky?

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have had video rejected for technical reasons. I have no problem with having rejection, and am in the process of redoubling my efforts to avoid repeating the same mistakes--but first of course, I need to determine exactly what the mistake/s is/are.

There are no blank frames, certainly no 'shaking', it has no audio, and has not been compressed . . . unless "shaking" referes to this: during the video the viewpoint of the camera moves about half an inch, like a very very slow pan (though not intentional)--the movement is very smooth and is incremental across the full video, and consequently can only be noticed when the first frame is compared to the last. In peoples' experience, would this be a technical error leading to rejection? I do compare it to some accepted (not mine) that have less-than-perfectly-smooth pans and wonder.

TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Adobe Help files:

In addition to the above, video technical issues include but aren’t limited to

Visual stability: All shots should demonstrate appropriate camera support and use of image stabilization. If shakiness in the shot is a design aesthetic, then we moderate the file based on that merit. Stabilization in post-production is acceptable if it does not detract from the quality of the image.

Audio: Remove audio that is unusable, such as over-modulated audio or sound that could be trademarked. It is perfectly acceptable to submit clips without audio. If your clip contains audio of human voices, a model release is required for each voice.

Rolling Shutter Artifacts: Shots containing minor rolling shutter artifacts are accepted or declined based on the judgment of the moderation team. Shots containing wobble or “jello” artifacting will be declined. Shots containing skew artifacts will be judged on how obvious, disruptive, or distracting the artifact is to the beauty or effectiveness of the image. Shots containing flash banding are not acceptable and will be declined.  

Logarithmic gamma (log) footage: Footage shot in log should have a simple color grading applied—a basic Rec 709 LUT is recommended.

Up-res Footage: Do not up-res footage (for example, from HD to 4k). Submit footage as shot or smaller, if necessary. Shoot in 4K where possible.  

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the reply, truly appreciated :).

I have now fully scrutinised all the Adobe Help Files I can find, and I think I've got a pretty comprehensive grasp of the issues that can occur and lead to rejection . . . but I'm no closer to shining a light on the reason this video was rejected. This is particularly frustrating from the "what do I to address and correct the issue" perspective than anything else. I will shoot more and submit, but do feel a tad uncomfortable doing that without actually changing any so-far unknown-to-me weaknesses--I'm sure Adobe reviewers have better things to do than repeated reject files for the same reasons.

But again, thanks for the response and info above.

Cheers,

Sheldon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines