• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Uploads Via FTP Fail and Start Over

New Here ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My uploads via FTP used to work just fine, but for the past few weeks they've been failing randomly. The upload will get close to finishing, and then just automatically start over. It does this with seemingly any videos I try to upload. And it's always a different point at which the upload fails and then starts over. Watching it, sometimes it'll get to 99% complete, then fail; sometimes it's 80%, sometimes 60%; sometimes it fails even earlier, but usually it's closer to the end of the upload. It really is just random every time.

I'm using Filezilla and am using the latest version. On the rarest of occasions the uploads will actually finish and work properly. I also use Filezilla to upload videos to other stock sites and do not have problems.

Anyone run into this?

Sometimes when it fails Filezilla returned this error:

Error:        File transfer aborted by user after transferring 561,097,104 bytes in 1610 seconds

(I never abort the transfers. They fail and restarted automatically)

And other times when they fail Filezilla returns this error:

Error:        Connection closed by server

Error:        File transfer failed after transferring 1,507,196,616 bytes in 3600 seconds

Thanks in advance for any help!!

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

I believe there is a setting within Filezilla you can check to have your uploads resume from where they left off if your connection is interrupted. It sounds like your default is set up to start the upload from the beginning if you lose connectivity. I'm sorry I don't know the exact setting within Filezilla. I recommend you contact them directly for assistance in changing the settings.

If you find it, please post the answer here as I'm sure it will be helpful to others experiencing the same prob

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looping in MatHayward, joanh22203655 and ricky336 to help you out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, This might be evidence of an overload at either receiving end or be sending. Try uploading smaller batches or even one at a time. It might even be the traffic on the internet at specific times of the day. Try different times for uploads. Mat and rickey what are your thoughts. Regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe there is a setting within Filezilla you can check to have your uploads resume from where they left off if your connection is interrupted. It sounds like your default is set up to start the upload from the beginning if you lose connectivity. I'm sorry I don't know the exact setting within Filezilla. I recommend you contact them directly for assistance in changing the settings.

If you find it, please post the answer here as I'm sure it will be helpful to others experiencing the same problem.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks all for the input/help! Unfortunately, the problem occurs regardless of batch size. I will try checking out the Filezilla settings to see if it'll continue uploads from where they drop off. That would be awesome and might just fix the problem.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines