• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vintage photos of family business

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question.  I am third generation of a family based printing company and in recent years discovered an old archive of 60 year old marketing materials the company produced along with some classic photos of the business at that time.   It all was buried in a closet along with other odds and ends that eventually were discarded.  I took the photos, scanned them and have meticulously cleaned them over the years back to their original condition.  Family knows I have them and is happy I took the time to restore.  In the photos are various depictions of the printing process, complete with people who are all deceased.  Some property is also depicted.  Wondering what the release process is considering - all former employess in photos have passed away, original photographer and company he worked for are also gone.  The property and facilities of the original business location no longer exist as well.  Is a release necessary?  And if so would it just be from my family who continues to run the printing company - albeit with different people and at a different location - have even changed the name since then?

TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is very difficult to get through as people on the pictures need to fill out the releases. Deseased people need to be dead by more than 75 years. In addition, the photographer retains the (c), so you cannot claim that for you only by the fact of having renovated the pictures. Adobe stock and most serious stock providers will simply deny the pictures due to the very complex legal situation. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines