Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Watermark/logo a no-no?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all:

In short, I'm new to the world of stock contribution!  I've read the terms of use, FAQs etc., but am still not perfectly clear on what 'non-compliant content' actually covers or includes.  Would submitting a photo that includes my watermark logo automatically make the photo a reject?  I can't seem to find any specific references to watermarks in the submission guidelines - unless I'm not properly interpreting things!   If anyone can clarify that specific issue for me, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks very much,

Sharron Timmins

[Moved from the Stock Contributors Critique forum (since there is nothing to critique) and into the Stock Contributors support forum by a moderator.]

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

I figure it's best to have as many keywords as fit the image. No need to try to fill the maximum. Just try to think of what kind of things people might be searching for if they want to get to your image. You want broad ones as well as specific ones. Just make sure they're appropriate to the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sharront66839847  wrote

Would submitting a photo that includes my watermark logo automatically make the photo a reject?

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your quick response, Szalam.  I wasn't 100% sure, but figured as much.  I shall re-submit without watermark, though I realize my photo could possibly rejected for other reasons! 🙂  While I'm here, hope I can get your advice on one other aspect I'm still trying to wrap my head around, and that is keyboarding.  I get the concept and understand the importance of it, I'm just unclear on the subjective nature of 'irrelevant' in terms of a photo being rejected for irrelevant keyboarding.  My question is; is it better to use LESS keywords, but be very specific, or as many keywords as possible (up to the maximum allowed), with each sequential keyword following being 'broader' in nature?  Know what I mean? 🙂

Thanks again,

Sharron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figure it's best to have as many keywords as fit the image. No need to try to fill the maximum. Just try to think of what kind of things people might be searching for if they want to get to your image. You want broad ones as well as specific ones. Just make sure they're appropriate to the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again, Szalam!

Sharron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines