• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Watermarks don't cover preview images sufficiently.

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently uploaded a small selection of vectors to Adobe Stock to see if it was something worth perusing. The sales aren't bad considering I only have a very small portfolio at the moment, but the thing that has discouraged me from uploading more is the way they watermark their images. Customers can download a free preview size image and it only has one modestly sized watermark in the middle. If your design is a border element or has empty space around the center it makes it very easy for people to remove the watermark and rip off your image. Other microstock agencies do a much better job of watermarking preview images. Here are some examples:

Here is my image on Adobe Stock. As you can see it would be very easy to remove the watermark and use the image for free.

Adobe-Stock.jpg

Now, the same image on Shutterstock and iStock:

shutterstock.jpg

iStock.jpg

So if the customer only needs a relatively small size image for online or email use, it is very easy for them to get it for free from Adobe Stock.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Thanks for the feedback. We take the security of your content very seriously and work hard to protect your images. I've shared your concerns with the development team to consider though I'm not aware of any plans to change the watermark at this time.

Thanks again,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the feedback. We take the security of your content very seriously and work hard to protect your images. I've shared your concerns with the development team to consider though I'm not aware of any plans to change the watermark at this time.

Thanks again,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines