• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What are the technical problems in my photographs?

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has become recurrent in my uploads and most of my photos are rejected.

bus_wide_low.jpg
Celphone_inicio_low.jpg
TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Fotolia , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Hi @Erik Alcántara ,

The first image seem to have a white balance issue. It would appear its out of focus or there was a shake. The person look do not look very sharp. Too much details are lost with the streaking lights.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1622868380854.png

Too much of the second image is out of focus. It seem you held the subject too close to the camera. As said by @Jill_C  the shadow is distracting..

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1622868482292.png

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not provided images which allow us to zoom in and analyze the fine details; however I believe focus is the primary issue in both. In the bus/train station (I'm not sure which it is), the stationary objects in the scene should have been in very sharp focus since you should have been using a tripod to capture the relatively long exposure. In the iPhone image, the focus seems to be on the fingernail of the little finger in the foreground. I'm not certain, but if this had not been rejected on technical grounds, it might have been an IP violation. Additionally, the shadow that crosses the bottom third of the screen is distracting.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jill_C,

Click on the image (or the

Abambo_0-1622906165734.png

icon) to get the images in focus/foreground on your browser. On a Windows PC: Right click→copy. (on a macOS PC you need to find the equivalent).

Go to Photoshop: File→New→Clipboard. Paste the image and analyse. I very often use the Camera Raw filter to get details on wb and exposure. The resolution is in most cases ok.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I do download some of the images for closer scrutiny in  LR or PS, but in many the issues are apparent without having to download them to my hard drive!

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Basically, its copy/paste and close without saving...in the case the user pastes the pictures in the post. OP did provide pictures with high enough resolution. If they are attached, and you download them to analyse in Photoshop, you have those on your disk.

I always prefer getting them into Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Erik Alcántara ,

The first image seem to have a white balance issue. It would appear its out of focus or there was a shake. The person look do not look very sharp. Too much details are lost with the streaking lights.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1622868380854.png

Too much of the second image is out of focus. It seem you held the subject too close to the camera. As said by @Jill_C  the shadow is distracting..

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1622868482292.png

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main problem of the first picture is the composition. The left side of the picture is chaotic, the column in the foreground melts together with the light post in the back into a disturbing unit. The rain cover of the bus stop (?) is soft, like noise reduction applied, but the darker parts have still a certain amount of noise. There are logos in the picture and the man eventually needs a model release.

Abambo_1-1622906011468.png

For the cellphone, you would need the entire phone in focus (or at least a major part). And get rid of that black patch to the left.

Abambo_0-1622905364360.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines