• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What exactly is "intellectual property"?

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all:

I'm not entirely sure what constitutes "intellectual property".  I do understand that logos, business signs, and the like would fall into this category.  So would, I believe, an image of a statue or artwork created by someone other than yourself. But how does this relate to photos of the Stature of Liberty, and other public art objects, for example?  What about things that I purchase, such as garden ornaments, and Christmas tree decorations which technically are works of art from others?  If I took photos of things like that would they be rejected?

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a great question, but it's a HUGE question. I can't give legal advice in the forum so my suggestion is to review all the content provided in the Legal section of the Learn and Support pages linked HERE

This should cover your general questions, plus there is a list of known property restrictions that you can reference for your specific questions.

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a lawyer but Adobe have rejected all sorts of identifiable products including packaging, cars, shoes and clothing, ornaments etc, as well as buildings and monuments. One if the pages contributors need to read gives a specific list of buildings, some of which might be allowed by day but not night, or in a cityscape but not singly. It's a big subject, and you should treat everything made by a human with the same respect you'd like them to treat your art and photos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Suzan Johnson ,

I like your question. This is a very good question. In line with what is being said, I suggest that you read the guidelines in details, and if you're still not sure, the only way to find out is to submit. After a while you will understand what to upload, and what not to.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines