• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the difference between libraries, collections and portfolios?

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi forgive me if this seems very basic, but I'm new to this and cannot find an explanation anywhere.

I have uploaded (and had approved) my first 18 photos (all of a related subject). I have grouped these into a 'collection' which shows up as my 'portfolio'. I am guessing that if I add many more photos and put them into different 'collections' each containing different subject matter, then these will all be contained within my portfolio? So one portfolio will eventually contain lots of collections?

But also in my public profile (which currently shows my portfolio containing one collection, there is a drop down menu entitled 'My Libraries' with two options - 'View All' and 'My Library'. Neither of these options brings up any photos, collections or anything else at the moment.

So can anyone tell me what is the difference between all these terms - portfolio, collection and library, and how do I use them all?
My grateful thanks in anticipation
Alun

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alunrhys,

Below is a link you may gather some information about the purpose of Library:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html

I gather that in this case your portfolio would be referring to all your assets.

I hope you found this helpful. If you should require mor information, plese feel free to make the request.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacqueling;

Thanks for that reply. I think that helps as it seems from the link you supplied that the 'Library' is a place to gather all one's online assets? I do write web pages which are online assets, but apart from that I'm a bit 19th century when it comes to technology and don't even own a smartphone yet. So I know absolutely nothing about the 'Cloud' or most other internet terminology which hasn't directly affected me to date! 🙂

So at the moment I have no files other than the photos I supply to Adobe Stock that I want to share or be considered for purchase. In those circumstances I guess I can forget about 'My Library' and just post reviewed photos into a collection in 'My Portfolio'. Is that correct?

Many thanks for your help on this.

Alun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alunrhys,

You: " I'm a bit 19th century when it comes to technology."

That is ok. I don't think older folks will be able to keep up with it. I tried, but it has advanced way ahead of me. I don't even think most younger folks can keep up. I just submit, create collections, and an "Adobe Portfolio" that I share its link with my friends occasionally. 

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines