• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's wrong with this picture?

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told that on of these pictures was rejected because of an "exposure issue." Could I get some feedback on these two photos? What would make it better? Are they overexposed?

fullsizeoutput_1d83.jpegIMG_7119.JPG

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

In both photos the centre of the rose is seriously out of focus. Flower shots need to be spot on  and have a reasonable DOF so that the closer petals are in focus along with the centre.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These photos are wonderful. If there is a complaint about exposure it should be on the shadows, I think. But i wouldn't reject a photo for that in this case. You can try to enlighten the shadows and see if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe, possibly, could be, might be... if one were to nit-pick... the rose could be said to be a bit overexposed. I don't think the shadows are a problem, but the rose petals are a bit too bright and light, especially on the outer petals, so you could bring down the exposure on the roses.

Bear in mind though, there are a lot of flower pictures in the data base, so the next rejection reason might be lack of esthetic and commercial value.

Are you sure it's worth the effort?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fullsizeoutput_1d83-corr..jpeg

I have adjusted the highlights and the exposure. 
Added a vignette. 
Removed a light spot in the upper right corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be aware that flower shots like this are a dime a dozen on Adobe Stock. That is to say, there are a LOT of them. Even if you get your exposure exactly right, it's still unlikely to be accepted unless there is something spectacular about your image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In both photos the centre of the rose is seriously out of focus. Flower shots need to be spot on  and have a reasonable DOF so that the closer petals are in focus along with the centre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines