• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What SIZE in inches (not MP) is allowable for vector upload?

Guide ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reduced my original ai file for upload to AdboeStock successive times: 100%, 90%, 80%, 70%, 60%, 50%, and finally to 40% so far, and the size is always rejected.

Each time, I get this notice: "<filename>.ai couldn't be uploaded. Artboard size must be between 15 MP and 68 MP. Go here for instructions on how to resize the artboard.

At 40% of original, the ai file is LESS THAN 10" x 10", and is only 11.5 MB in file size.

Unfortunately, there is NO intelligence on acceptable file size in inches available. Vector is resolution-independent, so we need a maximum size in SQUARE INCHES, rather than MP. All my calculations of MP @ 300dpi are WELL under the limit, but my upload is rejected each time so far, for SIZE.

I need to know the exact size limit for vector uploads in SQUARE INCHES. -- Either that, or it's possible that the vector upload routine is simply BROKEN ... I'm beginning to think the latter is the case.

Thanks for any help.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

When you set up your vector file, the artboard needs to be 15MP (megapixel). So start your file with the artboard beeing 5000x3000 px or, if you prefer, 70in x 45in.

Voraussetzungen für das Einreichen von Vektorgrafiken bei Adobe Stock  I hope this leads you to the english site.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a png of the file which cannot be uploaded, if it matters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you set up your vector file, the artboard needs to be 15MP (megapixel). So start your file with the artboard beeing 5000x3000 px or, if you prefer, 70in x 45in.

Voraussetzungen für das Einreichen von Vektorgrafiken bei Adobe Stock  I hope this leads you to the english site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

The missing dpi (for resolution-independent vector) turns out to be around 72!  :+)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines