• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where sold images are being used...?

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - My question is purely one of interest.  Does anyone know if there is a way to find out where my images are used when they are sold?  I've seen other stock contributors comment on places they have had their images used - so wanted to know if that's something easy to do - or if perhaps they have just stumbled upon their images somewhere.

Cheers

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

I like your understanding reply. I have my own way of recognizing my sold pieces.  I have seen only a few I can know for sure are mine. No one else knows but is fun to see what creative buyers have done with it. Enjoy the journey. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

please use the Forum search function and you will find an answer.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched the forum and can't find anything on how to see who bought my images and how they were being used. Could you please post something on how  I can do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would buyers want to have their names reported to the contributor of Adobe Stock? Buyers will change the work using it to create a finished product they want. They would not want to have a contributor trying to reach them for any reason so let's say better not to worry about it once it is sold. How can you find out who bought your work and how it is being used - your question. I think it is best not to be able to do this. I believe Adobe also does not offer this information. Best regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see your point, but the previous poster implied there may be some way to do it. Sorry, but I can’t help but be curious. Are they on calendars or menus or sales brochures? Environmental groups or hotels or political groups? Not a big deal, just curious where my kids may have ended up. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like your understanding reply. I have my own way of recognizing my sold pieces.  I have seen only a few I can know for sure are mine. No one else knows but is fun to see what creative buyers have done with it. Enjoy the journey. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it's pretty easy using Google's reverse image search.

1. find an image in your portfolio. For example, this image of mine
  2. right click on the image and select Open image in new tab (NOT Open link in new tab)
  3. In the new tab, copy the URL,  For my image this is https://as2.ftcdn.net/jpg/01/11/24/37/500_F_111243720_lLASSGypdWO0vwDBXKkzv76fEpSdVL36.jpg
  4. go to http://images.google.com and click on the little camera icon next to the search box. This will allow you to paste that URL and do a reverse image search.
  5. In the search results, look for ones that don't link to stock sites like Adobe Stock. For my image, I discovered that it's used by a company called Heritage Tours for the hero image on this page: https://www.mylittleadventure.com/best-things/lisbon/experiences/heritage-tour

You won't always pull up a result, but I'm often surprised how my work is used all over the web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines