• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Who is buying my photos?

Community Expert ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been selling on Adobe for about two years now and have had what I consider to be a moderate success. Averaging about 400 sold photos a year. 

Several of my sold photos I have found in Newsletters, on websites and for sale on websites that resell my photos printed on their products (resellers). 

Unfortunately, I have no way of knowing what type of media or what branch of media is using my photos. So I have no way to target my work toward them. 

Does anyone have an idea on how we can find out how our products are being used?

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Hi Ralph,

No Ralph, that seem to be Adobe's top secret and we can understand why. We'd all be targeting them. It is likely anyway that whoever likes your brand of images will be following you as a photographer, and if you are getting large sales your images would float to the top page easily. 

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ralph,

No Ralph, that seem to be Adobe's top secret and we can understand why. We'd all be targeting them. It is likely anyway that whoever likes your brand of images will be following you as a photographer, and if you are getting large sales your images would float to the top page easily. 

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jacquelingphoto2017 Sure you are right. I do not want to know who it is. There privacy must be respected. I would just like a little more info so that I can search for credit fraud. Most of my images cannot be found even though licensing requires the publisher to use Ralph Lear/Adobestock as a credit line.

I know, even if I found such cases, I could not do anything about it.

Thanks for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The credit line is only to be added when the asset is used as editorial picture. For advertizing or as a website header picture or similar there is no credit to be given. We (my company) use a lot of stock images for internal use. You will not find them necessarily on websites. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines