• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are these rejected images

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded a set of cocktail images to adobe stock and 2 were accepted while the others were all rejected. 

I would really appreciate some clarity on why this is.

I have attached the rejected images, the ones wich were accepted were very similar.

Thx

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

In this case, underexposed.  Too dark and too grainy. 

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1 Watermarks are not acceptable.

#2 Perhaps the rejects were too similar to your other submissions. 

Adobe Stock looks for unique content as well as high visual & technical quality. See links below.
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photos were different subjects/drinks and I only put the watermarks for this post I submitted them with no watermarks officialy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the stated rejection reason?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Technical issues

Really not sure why this would be 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case, underexposed.  Too dark and too grainy. 

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alright thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1603859684651.png

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1603859725693.png

In addition to what is already said, all your file have color noise and color fringing. There is also a white balance issue, plus what I highlighted before where the highlight on the stem causes loss of details. Also in my opinion there is not sufficient depth of field. Except for the noise/grain, all the others I described are technical issues.

Best wishes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1603858929003.png

The technical issue is the lighted portion of the stem and what appears to be aqua fringing.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have attached the rejected images, the ones wich were accepted were very similar.

As the moderation is done by humans and the decision of acceptance and refusal is not an exact science. Some parameters are easy, like the resolution, exposure etc, some others may be measured like the noise level, some others like the white balance may not be always obvious. So it may well be that different moderators take different decisions. Even the same moderator may take different decisions based on human factors like the fatigue or the time of the day.

Deleting an accepted picture and resubmitting it may as well lead to a refusal the second time. And that may even be "justified" due to a changed moderation process or it may simply be dependant on other factors.

This said: most of my personal refusals are simply correct, because I did not see a defect on a picture or the image was out of focus and I was to eager to upload my 30 latest picture without taking the time to look into each image with the same consequence (for the same reasons a moderator may or may not refuse a picture).

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines