• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why did my photos get rejected? (technical reasons)

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I uploaded a bunch of photos of which about half got rejected (all due to technical reasons) and the other half didn't. I can't seem to grasp the exact reason why they got rejected and what to improve for next time. I would appreciate some tips on what exactly the reasons might be and possibly how to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Thanks a lot,

Patricia

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Hi Patricia,

Please do not publish many pictures to be checked in one post. We are doing this in our free time and errors are probably similar. If you are new to stock, it is worth to send in picture by picture, not too much in a row to see what may pass and what gets refused. It's a learning curve.

I checked some of your pictures and this is what I detected. Please note that the moderator looks into the picture and if he or she sees an error, the refusal button is hit for the first problem de

Votes

Translate

Translate
  1. Learn to use your camera's manual settings.
  2. Stabilize your camera on a tripod or solid object.
  3. Make sure your subject is in perfect focus.
  4. Examine images at 100-200% magnification and make appropriate corrections where possible.  Not every image is suitable for Stock.  Only submit your BEST work.

image.png

Adobe Stock customers expect highest visual and technical quality for use in million dollar commercials. See links below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

A quick glance at the first few indicates blurry and underexposed. DOF issues too.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patricia,

Please do not publish many pictures to be checked in one post. We are doing this in our free time and errors are probably similar. If you are new to stock, it is worth to send in picture by picture, not too much in a row to see what may pass and what gets refused. It's a learning curve.

I checked some of your pictures and this is what I detected. Please note that the moderator looks into the picture and if he or she sees an error, the refusal button is hit for the first problem detected. There may be multiple problems, however. Especially counter light pictures normally expose multiple problems: Chromatic aberration, noise, under and over exposure, wrong white balance etc. Examine your pictures at 100% and 200% to see the problems.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Looking into 4481 I would say that the noise level is too high:

Abambo_0-1619121249544.png

4534:

Chromatic aberration:

Abambo_1-1619121351642.png

4490:

Colour noise:

Abambo_2-1619121425540.png

4482 is similar to 4481.

4473:

Noise:

Abambo_3-1619121572010.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Learn to use your camera's manual settings.
  2. Stabilize your camera on a tripod or solid object.
  3. Make sure your subject is in perfect focus.
  4. Examine images at 100-200% magnification and make appropriate corrections where possible.  Not every image is suitable for Stock.  Only submit your BEST work.

image.png

Adobe Stock customers expect highest visual and technical quality for use in million dollar commercials. See links below.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A quick glance at the first few indicates blurry and underexposed. DOF issues too.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines