Why is my photo marked for lack of AESTHETIC OR COMMERCIAL APPEAL OF IMAGE?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI!
I recently uploaded a photograph of a pair of sunglasses shot in low-key lighting conditions as you can see below; but it got rejected. Could you please clarify the reason for me? Thanks in advance

good1.jpeg

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by ricky336 | Adobe Community Professional

Pretty much what Enio siad, also I notice there is a logo - RayBan- so you would need a property release - I think.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why is my photo marked for lack of AESTHETIC OR COMMERCIAL APPEAL OF IMAGE?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI!
I recently uploaded a photograph of a pair of sunglasses shot in low-key lighting conditions as you can see below; but it got rejected. Could you please clarify the reason for me? Thanks in advance

good1.jpeg

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by ricky336 | Adobe Community Professional

Pretty much what Enio siad, also I notice there is a logo - RayBan- so you would need a property release - I think.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 30, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the reason Adobe gave? There is always a reason given in the rejection notice.

My guess is "exposure".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as i stated in the title, the reason is "aesthetic or commercial appeal of image"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That just means Adobe don't think this particular photo would sell well. But don't get discouraged, take it as a challenge to improve what you submit.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2017 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2017 2
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This seems to be the correct answer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course the issue is the logo.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then Adobe should have given that reason, not lack of aesthetic or commercial value like it says in this case.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2017 0
Contributor ,
Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's also the logo, but it's just not done very well.  You can see the softbox and you can clearly see the camera in the reflection.  You've lost definition in parts of the rim as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 06, 2017 0