Why my content rejected due to protected by intellectual property (IP) laws?

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this Message
During our review, we found that it contains elements that appear to be protected by intellectual property (IP) laws, so we can't accept it into our collection. Elements protected by IP may appear in the image or in the description, title, and/or keywords.

For more information, please review our intellectual property rights guidelines.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

Did you design these logos yourself? If so you need a release as the artist. But also you have something which is recognisably an iPhone, which will never be accepted.

TOPICS
Contributor critique, Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why my content rejected due to protected by intellectual property (IP) laws?

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this Message
During our review, we found that it contains elements that appear to be protected by intellectual property (IP) laws, so we can't accept it into our collection. Elements protected by IP may appear in the image or in the description, title, and/or keywords.

For more information, please review our intellectual property rights guidelines.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

Did you design these logos yourself? If so you need a release as the artist. But also you have something which is recognisably an iPhone, which will never be accepted.

TOPICS
Contributor critique, Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 19, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MyGraphicStock,

Those are nice icons. If you are the original artist of these icons I suggest you remove the white button from the bottom of the phone before resubmitting. If it is someone else work you copied, do not resubmit except the original artist signs a release.

Best wishes

JG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes all design created by me

but i used a font which contains this email icon so i used those font.

Is this right to use icons font?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can i use @ as a icon of Arial font?
Or I have to design it myself.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes alsomst design created by me but i used a font which contains this email icon so i used those font.

Is this right to use icons font?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MyGraphicStock,

The guidelines clearly states that all submission must be your own creation, otherwise the original owner will need to sign a property release.

Please take a look at the guidelines associated with vector submission.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/vector-requirements.html

Also note the prohibited activities as laid out in the legal guidelines:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/submission-guidelines.html

Now you need to ask yourself the question: "Did I create those fonts?" If the answer is no then you cannot submit them as your own assets. If the answer is yes, then go ahead and submit with a property release. If I understand you correctly to be saying you did not really spend time to create these icons/fonts, but copied them from a font bank, then I suggest except you can find the creator, you are not to be submitting them as your work or art. 

Best wishes

JG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I submit because we use font to write text don't create those font yourself.

so i use those icon font.

now i understand i make it's own.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can i use @ as a icon of Arial font?
Or I have to design it myself.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2020 0
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Design all yourself! I thought that Jaquelin was quite clear on this point! If one of the icons is taken from somewhere else, do not use it. You do not have much possibility to use an enveloppe variant, but it should be clear that it is an own creation. You should not count on the possibility that one or the other copy of a foreign design will slipp through.

As for the iPhone: The design of an iPhone is so iconic that you should avoid all that reminds of an original iPhone design, even that newer iPhones don't have that round push button.

Regards, Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a big difference between using text in a design (from a font) and making a "design" which is just a collection of icons from other people's fonts. I will be blunt: this is called "stealing" not "designing". The owner of that font could sue Adobe, and Adobe would not hesitate to sue you for passing off someone else's work as your own. This is happening every day I'm sure. Adobe are looking for original designs created by professional graphics artists. Of course, if you can create original designs to that standard they will be considered.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 2