• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why this image has been rejected in Adobe Stock ?

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

_DSC0167-2.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello selvamanikandanr18592725, If you have the reason this photo was rejected, it would benefit our opinion accuracy to know what the reviewer stated - rejected because of ??? I can tell you now that the logo in the lower left corner is probably the main reason, Adobe does not want ownership logos or signatures on the stock items presented. I hope you have studied the guidelines for all submissions to Adobe Stock. The second reason for rejection of this photo is the presentation is black and white. Adobe only rarely accepts black and white work simply because if a buyer wants it in B & W they can change any colored photo. Best to present your stock in natural color - as taken. Noise and artifacts in the shadows might be another reason. I do love the drip of water and suggest you isolate that, enlarge it and submit just the drop again. If the original of this was taken in color, add the natural color to the drip. Take a look at the information I am sending with the site offered by Adobe. Best regards, JH

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ON THIS PAGE

Applies to: Stock Contributor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi salvamanikandanr

I do not know why the image was rejected. Please note that the users of this forum are photographers, and customers, and not Adobe staff moderators. Therefore, it is quite unlikely that anyone on this forum will be in a position to say exactly why the image was rejected. You however knows why, and is required to share that information with us if it is advise you seek to improve your skills.

Base on my experience I can clearly say the image is too dark, hence exposure is an issue. In addition to that, except your black and white image is exceptional, it is likely it will be rejected. The potential for sale of black and white images is very limited. It is better to upload color. Color can be converted to black and white, but the converse is not possible. You need to make sure your images have the best potential for multiple sales. That is not the case with even the best black and white upload.

Please go through the following links for more information:

Do's and don'ts for selecting and editing photos for Adobe Stock

Create better photos for Adobe Stock with 7 tips for success |

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi and welcome,

I will not repeat what Jacquelin and Joan have said and explained. I will tell you why I would refuse this picture:

• Start with the signature: That's a no go for stock! 100% refusal on all known (to me) stock sites.
  • Framing: the top of the water-tap is cut off. Pictures should be framed correctly.
  • Halo: There is a halo at the border of the water-tap and the background. That's bad editing.
  • The water-tap is definitely to dark, that's an exposure problem.
  • Black and white: Monochrome pictures need to be exceptional as explained before.
ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines