• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why was this image rejected for an Intellectual Property violation?

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to stock photography, so this may be "user error," but I was confused with a rejection of one of my images (below) on the grounds of an Intellectual Property violation. There is no recognizable feature that I can imagine that warrants this specific type of rejection. Any ideas? Is the canoe the problem (there is no brand name visible that I can see)?

Thanks,

Jon

20150701-DSC00541-2.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Is there any writing on the paddles? It's too small in the version you uploaded to tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any writing on the paddles? It's too small in the version you uploaded to tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Szalam. Not, there is not writing on the paddles, but your question prompted me to look at a higher resolution version and, although it's very dark, I can see writing (brand name) on the bow of the canoe, which I could not see in another version of this image. I suspect that is the reason why. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. -Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although, since pro photographers work for clients, and clients have brands, and brands have names and logos, why on earth would any sensible software throw up an infringement error???? How can you work for a client if you can't work on branded goods??????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David,

This post is more than 5 years old.  If you have a question about how Intellectual Property works with stock photography, please start a new post 🙂

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you. I wonder why Adobe decided to send it to my inbox 5hen..weird!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines