Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why was this image rejected for artifact problems ? :-(

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bretton Ford Stock138.jpg

This was shot on a Nikon d810 at Iso 500 at shutter speed 250  Aperture 2.8  with excellent soft morning light. It was also accepted by Shutterstock and Getty but it was rejected by Adobe with the almost the entire series of 18 other shots. However other shots in the identical place lens etc. were accepted. I don't get it. I am a 17-year professional who understands the industry. But this I don't understand. Can anyone please assist and help me see what I am missing? 

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Unless you look at these rejected photos at 100 to 200 magnification you can not see what the stock reviewer sees. I can see that the top of this man's head has a focus problem. Also, the side pillars are all out of focus. Perhaps just the two beside the model could be in focus for more depth to photo. Please do examine this to find additional difficulties and look at the Adobe Guidelines for stock photos like this. Best regards. JH

Here is one of our ACP answer to a contributors question about this subject. It might be most helpful to you also.

correct Answer by ricky336 on Apr 12, 2018, 11:38 AM

This is a user to user forum, so you may not get a specific response from them.

As for your pics and artifacts problem, your upload size is too small to tell.

You must remember to view your pics at 100% as they do and look for any signs of noise etc.

Most probably you have issues with noise. Even at ISO 100, you can still get noise issues. Adobe basically wants technically and aesthetically (near perfect) images.

As for the many rejected pics at once - have you considered the fact that the reviewers may look at each different image and then 'reject' as one batch, as we may upload batch photos as the same time. Why not being able to reject as a batch? (This is only speculation though).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi PaulAiken, Lovely portrait.  If you inspect the photo at between 100 and 200% magnification you will see that it is grainy. It is more vivid in the dark area towards the right. With the noise reduction tool of your editor, you should be able to correct this at magnification as stated above. Be sure to check the sharpness after correcting the grain/noise (artifacts). However try not to make the image too sharp. Create better photos for Adobe Stock with 7 tips for success | will help you further.

Also look closely at the largest column in the image at the above stated magnification, you will see vertical color streaks, as well as colored spots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines