Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why were my photos rejected?

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm a new contributor here. Some of my photos were rejected for technical issues and I don't understand why. 

I attach them below:

for sale 1.jpgsale 5.jpgsale 8.jpgsale 2.jpgsale 7.jpgsale 8.jpgc IMG_8283.JPGc IMG_8313.JPG

Thanks for helping out! I highly appreciate it.

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Your photos are very blue, so white balance - colour temperature is a problem here. You have to get rid of the blue cast - esp with the baby on the grass.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Cute baby.  In addition to what's been said already,  there's a distracting weed in your subject.  Insufficient contrast. Baby's skin tone looks drab, like putty rather than a natural flesh tone.  And finally, baby's left arm blemish should be removed with Photoshop's Spot Healing brush.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

In addition: the main subject is shadowy here...

Abambo_0-1598803701116.png

The baby in the first picture also looks kind of soft, to soft in my eyes. The baby's eyes are not sharp.

And btw: the Canon WB is quite good. I keep that one on automatic and need only to intervene when there are mixed light sources. You need to shoot raw, however, in case you need to change that. I would anyhow shoot raw as the possibilities to correct the image after the shoot are many times better like jpeg.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your photos are very blue, so white balance - colour temperature is a problem here. You have to get rid of the blue cast - esp with the baby on the grass.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cute baby.  In addition to what's been said already,  there's a distracting weed in your subject.  Insufficient contrast. Baby's skin tone looks drab, like putty rather than a natural flesh tone.  And finally, baby's left arm blemish should be removed with Photoshop's Spot Healing brush.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition: the main subject is shadowy here...

Abambo_0-1598803701116.png

The baby in the first picture also looks kind of soft, to soft in my eyes. The baby's eyes are not sharp.

And btw: the Canon WB is quite good. I keep that one on automatic and need only to intervene when there are mixed light sources. You need to shoot raw, however, in case you need to change that. I would anyhow shoot raw as the possibilities to correct the image after the shoot are many times better like jpeg.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Canon Auto WB is very good. I also keep it on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines