Exit

3.1. Standard License and Specific Restrictions

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

I'm confused about point (b)(ii) saying:

" ... unless (A) the Work has been modified to the extend that the modification is not substantially similar to the original Work and can qualify as an origianl work of authorship; or (B) the primary value of the item of merchandise does not lie with the Work itself."

I'm planning a calender with mostly my own photos, composed with 3d-elements. I want to sell this calender on demand.

For two or three months I need stock-photos for the background. (See  my profile: Image Two is made from my own background photo and some of my own 3d stuff...

Image Three I found on Adobe Stock.)

ImageTwo

test2.jpg

Image Three (here the 3d elements  will be not so prominent)

07_juli_AdobeStock_68780355_Preview.jpg

Is it ok to buy these photo as a Standard License, to compose it with my 3d elements and then to use it within my calendar?

Sincerely

Peer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Hi Peer,

Thanks for reaching out to the Adobe Stock community.

Any asset featured for merchandise or for selling purpose requires an extended license.

I understand your requirements that you are only going to use the Adobe Stock asset for creating the background, however, the calendar which you make is intended to make a profit so, in order to use the license legitimately, I would suggest you to  go with an extended license.

For more information about the licensing terms and restrictions of Adobe St

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peer,

Thanks for reaching out to the Adobe Stock community.

Any asset featured for merchandise or for selling purpose requires an extended license.

I understand your requirements that you are only going to use the Adobe Stock asset for creating the background, however, the calendar which you make is intended to make a profit so, in order to use the license legitimately, I would suggest you to  go with an extended license.

For more information about the licensing terms and restrictions of Adobe Stock, please refer to Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock?

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started