• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4K Stock Video too large for website

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchases a 4K video however it is too large to load on my WordPress website.

Is there any alternative version that is more compressed?

The 4k version is 250 MB however it is recommended to have videos under 3MB.

Please advise...urgently if possible.

Thnk You

TOPICS
Asset Quality , General , Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to downsize the video. Do you really need 4k? I would try first with HD. And then, you may also increase the compression (that will lower the quality). It is important that you find the sweetpoint for your video. That is unfortunately dependant on the video and your requirements. If yo have the Adobe media encoder (comes with Premiere Pro), you can try different settings. If not: any current video editor should be able to help you out. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At typical 4K quality, 3MB is less than half a second of video. For 3MB I think they are expecting to use much smaller, much shorter, much lower quality. 

However, I read this: https://wordpress.com/support/videopress/recommended-video-settings/

It gives recommended video settings - you would be expected to use a video editor to reach these, not just use the production quality files downloaded from the stock site, or even files straight from a camera. The recommendations on that page, though, say 12mbps is fine for HD (a quarter of 4K). In that 3MB would be just 2 seconds of video. 3MB really isn't a video at all, it's a tiny  flash of info. Where do you see this recommendation of 3MB? I can't find anthing on WordPress giving this recommendation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started