A stock vector file needs to be editable

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded stock image 23593344 "Black and White Ornament" by rudall30. I've downloaded plenty of great elements and images over the years that have sped up my workflow, but this was quite disappointing. I expected to remove the gradient, recolour and adjust the elements, and pop it into my project. Instead, I opened the file to see the artist had cut the design into many strips, making it impossible to edit easily. I've never seen this sort of international sabotage in an asset.

Few download an asset expecting to use it as-is. For most of us, it's a starting point. At the very least I'd like this download credit refunded, but I'm hoping either there can be a tag on an asset to show it's been sliced up, or that submission guidelines restrict this practice.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason,

I'm sorry to hear this.

I'm looping in MatHayward​ to provide expert advise.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BC_Climber  wrote

(...) I opened the file to see the artist had cut the design into many strips, making it impossible to edit easily. I've never seen this sort of international sabotage in an asset.

Some older assets may have such a behavior as described. With some older tools, gradients were a mess to work with.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started